racinboy30

just got a vinyl express Q130, now i cant cut!

you will need a software that has the vinyl express q series listed - it uses a special chipeset so the general graphtec drivers won't work and I never found any generics that worked with it - flexisign , ve- lxi and I think vinylmaster has drivers for it - 

you will need a software that has the vinyl express q series listed - it uses a special chipeset so the general graphtec drivers won't work and I never found any generics that worked with it - flexisign , ve- lxi and I think vinylmaster has drivers for it - 

i got it to work, but it feeds the whole roll through after it cuts its job

It cuts the job fine now, but after it completes the job it just feed the entire roll to the end and stops. I went into the printer support on windows 10, updated driver, set a port to usb1, then selected that port in signblazer and worked.

• Like 1

which driver in signblazer for the next person?

Graphtec FC7000 is what I use but I have an older Q series which is for the most part the same as the Graphtec FC7000.

Sounds like thats what he has too...

• Like 1

cool - I had a couple of the qe series and never got one to work with other drivers

Hello, I'm new to cutting in general.  I was hoping to get some basic questions answered.  

I just recently purchased a used vinyl express Q130.  I plan to use it to cut basic shapes out of large blank roles of paper.  As I understand it is an optical cutter, is that correct?

What software would I need to operate the machine.  How much should I expect to pay for software?  Will it work with a Mac?

thanks.

look for a software that specifically list the vinyl express q130 - it is a rebranded graphtec that has a proprietary chipset that won't allow the graphtec drivers to work.

for the mac I will have to wait for someone that is mac friendly to chime in as I am 100 percent pc person and really can't answer for mac software for that particular plotter

46 minutes ago, DaLenster said:

Great!  Thanks for your prompt response.  All the best and Merry Christmas.

i just did a search and didn't find the q130 listed anywhere but the q 64 says 

• Windows OS compatible only

the q130 appears to be the private branded version of the fc7500/7600 series and the new version is now q54 to distinguish the difference to the new fc 8600 version

still appears to be windows only but maybe someone will have found a way to work it on the mac.  otherwise a cheaper windows dedicated computer might be the best solution.

After doing a search myself I have found the information out there on this particular model is vague.  It must be an old machine.  Very little information out there, I hope I can get it to work.  I could always download Parallels and run Windows on my Mac.  Then, of course, I'm likely to run into compatibility issues. 

Thanks again.

it is only one generation back but the limited info is because it is a private labeled unit

Dell Latitude D520 is my machine of choice to connect to my cutter (Win 7). It cost me $60 on craigslist and I have both VinylMaster and SignBlazer programs running the cutter through a serial cable. Having a dedicated CUTTING computer is the way to go, IMO.

• Like 1