How do I set the pressure on the pinch rollers?   Where do I find a manual for it.  

Thanks,

Ron

Before you go  messing with  the pinch rollers,  WHY are you wanting to?  What is your problem?,,,Once you go into adjusting,  you may just be making things worse that don't even need to be moved. .  Explain your problem....

• Like 3

I never touched mine when i first got it, Didnt see a reason too, been running perfect,If you messed with them you could really screw things up..

• Like 1

same here - we see soooo many people mess with them for the wrong reason then complain about not cutting correctly

• Like 2

Can everyone comment on what not to do? We get it folks.

Look - the question is still valid. Is there a manual? The answer to that question is hasn't been provided here and i'd like to make sure the original poster isn't feeling ashamed for asking it.

So - the support element of all this should come together to figure out if the manual is out there or not. If not, then a problem could be stated - but what if the original poster is like me and wants to understand the design criteria in case we want to mod it or look at the use of other material.

In short, I bought a used but lightly (very lightly) used Titan 3 and I have some questions as to how to determine whether the rollers are configured properly and how to check. Which is completely legitimate. The Titan 3 does OK, not perfect - so I suspect the rollers aren't configured correctly or that the machine is in fact working appropriately and there is a pretty significant gap in performance and quality compared to my Roland and Graphtec.

Appreciate any thoughts on this and want to make sure this is not perceived as an attack on anyone at all. 

35 minutes ago, barygusey said:

Can everyone comment on what not to do? We get it folks.

Look - the question is still valid. Is there a manual? The answer to that question is hasn't been provided here and i'd like to make sure the original poster isn't feeling ashamed for asking it.

So - the support element of all this should come together to figure out if the manual is out there or not. If not, then a problem could be stated - but what if the original poster is like me and wants to understand the design criteria in case we want to mod it or look at the use of other material.

In short, I bought a used but lightly (very lightly) used Titan 3 and I have some questions as to how to determine whether the rollers are configured properly and how to check. Which is completely legitimate. The Titan 3 does OK, not perfect - so I suspect the rollers aren't configured correctly or that the machine is in fact working appropriately and there is a pretty significant gap in performance and quality compared to my Roland and Graphtec.

Appreciate any thoughts on this and want to make sure this is not perceived as an attack on anyone at all. 

9 times out of 10 people mess with the pressure to try to eliminate the roller marks on the vinyl that is totally normal - that along with having too much blade exposure usually causes the tracking, bunching, slippage issues.  there is no manual I am aware of for setting the pressure - it is factory set so the vinyl is pinched securely and moves without slippage.  now even a properly adjusted plotter can slip if made to pull the vinyl off of the roll (especially 50 yard rolls) - I personally have had many plotters and the pressure on the rollers has never been a problem when properly adjusted.

adjust your roller pressure (if it has been messed with) so the vinyl feeds without slippage, adjust the blade exposure and pressure properly so it cuts with least resistance,  do not make your plotter pull the vinyl off of the roll . . . I had a titan2 and it tracked and cut great.

• Like 1

I'm no expert but here's how I readjusted my SC-25 after someone turned all the adjusting knobs on me. Cut  8" long by 3" wide strip of the most common material you want to cut. Lift all the rollers, slip the strip under the roller and lower the roller down as normal (lower the lever), then pull gently on the strip. Make a mental note of the pressure you feel. Repeat on other rollers. Adjust rollers until all feel even pressure. When you gently but firmly pull the strip the knurled roller should turn. Look at the adjusting screws - they should all have approx the same amount of threads sticking out.  I know of no factory approved method - this is what I did, and it worked.