MetalHeadGraphix

VinylMaster Cut inverts trace image

I used to make vinyl decals and now I've got back into it. I normally use CorelDraw to do all my images but don't have it on my new computer. My USCutter came with VinylMaster Cut which I guess is the most basic version but here's my issue. I have a nice black/white image of a Boston Terrier and when I vector it, it looks perfect, but when I hit Trace, it inverts the image colors so all I get is the interior. Can't understand why it looks perfect then when you trace it it inverts it.

Thanks. This is the image, when I hit Trace, all it gives me to cut is the white section not the black. 

post-98192-0-41739400-1461292867_thumb.p

Traces fine on our system. Do you mean in the Vectorizer or after you click Accept (after tracing)? What does it look like in Wireframe on a page in VinylMaster?

After Tracing it gives me an inverted image. More weirdness, if I copy this from CorelDraw directly into VinylMaster it looks perfect, except it leaves out the word DRUNKS. Makes no sense everything else is there except for that word. I ordered all this equipment for a home based business and if that doesn't work I'm gonna be screwed. You can't cut directly from CorelDraw. Other things I've copied over from CorelDraw have worked perfectly. It's a common Arial font. 

post-98192-0-60060900-1461338831_thumb.p

It would help if you would post up some screen shots of your computer while doing this..    Show your Vinyl Master work area...Show the steps you are using.   Or even a video..

Okay here is two instances where I've copied and pasted CorelDraw images/text into VinylMaster. It just jumbles it up and butchers it. My VinylExpress software I got free with my other cutter wasn't this bad. I never had this issue. This makes it practically unusable unless i create what I need in Vinyl Master and with its limitations I don't see it working for me other than simple single layer designs. I can't take the time to figure out all my already existing designs each time I need one cut.

post-98192-0-12701200-1461359565_thumb.p

post-98192-0-36453300-1461359582_thumb.p

What format are you saving your raster/vector work in Corel that you are putting into Vm?

Have you tried other formats? Are you converting your text to Paths?

Hes not saving. Hes coping and pasting the artwork. 

I noticed that vinylmaster doesnt like copy and paste from other programs. Signblazer didnt mind that but it doesnt work in vinylmaster. 

Your best bet is to save the file as an svg or eps. I think youll get better results with an svg format. 

Yeah they are just in CorelDraw format and I'm copy/pasting them over. 

May not be explaining it correctly, but, after saving in Corel, can u export It as a bmp file, then in robo - import, get outline, paste and then cut? After you've done all the work in Corel, steps are fairly fast in basic cutting program? Hope u get in figured out...

Guest Future Corporation Support

When you vectorize, you will notice the detected colors that will be traced at the bottom area of the vectorizing screen.

The color that is detected as the "background" will have a red cross through it, indicating that it will be treated as the background color, and not traced.

In your situation, try right clicking on these boxes, so that the black color does NOT have a red cross through it (it will be included in the trace), and the white color DOES have a red cross, indicating that white parts of the image will be treated as the background, and not traced.

On 4/21/2016 at 7:41 PM, MetalHeadGraphix said:

I used to make vinyl decals and now I've got back into it. I normally use CorelDraw to do all my images but don't have it on my new computer. My USCutter came with VinylMaster Cut which I guess is the most basic version but here's my issue. I have a nice black/white image of a Boston Terrier and when I vector it, it looks perfect, but when I hit Trace, it inverts the image colors so all I get is the interior. Can't understand why it looks perfect then when you trace it it inverts it.

Thanks. This is the image, when I hit Trace, all it gives me to cut is the white section not the black. 

DH20 BOSTON TERRIER.png

I have vectorized and cut this exact image and it worked fine.  Sounds like your copy/paste is making the problems.

I think there may be some terminology confusion as well. You say you vector it, and then trace it? If it's vectored there is no need to trace. Tracing is used to take a raster image and turn it into a vector image.

Just import straight to VinylMaster and convert in there.  I use CorelDraw X7 to VinylMaster or V-Carve Pro 8 to VinylMaster.  Copy and paste does some weird stuff.  Instead select all in Corel, Export as .eps from Corel, import to VinylMaster. Works great for me.  I also noticed that VinylMaster doesn't do good with some .dxf files because it changes the image to short lines instead of curves.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.