Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

HTV & the Titan 2

Evidently this thing wasn't designed to cut HTV without a mat. The space between the rollers & blade is too far. It allows the flimsy vinyl & liner to bunch up. It's really annoying. Has anyone rise ran into this? Would the T3 with vacuum hold down be a better route? It seems the vacuum being on the front side of the cutting strip would be useless for this issue. I'm open to any suggestions.

I have cut HTV just fine with the Titan2. Can you post a pic/video of the issue you are having?

I cut a lot of htv with my T2 as well.  I, have also experienced what you described.  I not sure what causes it other than what you have described.  What I try and do to combat it is not try and start so close to the two edges..... I move my carriage in a bit more and feed through a little bit more vinyl than my other to cutters.  It seems to help some but not always.  Also, if using scrap and the leading edge seems to not be laying flat.....watch out!

Thanks everyone. X, good to know I'm not the only one. Lol.

I'll try to post a video this evening some time. We had a near disaster, as you'll read in another thread in about to post.

Here's a video of what happens.

I've had that happen with my Graphtec also. I found that I had too much pressure and blade. Back off both and make a few test cuts to get it dialed in.

Turn your speed down it's moving faster than the blade can retract. Not all carriages are created the same. I have two titans and they perform just a tad different. One cuts at 38lbs the other at 72. If you can't fix it with a speed reduction you may need to replace the carriage.

Is 18 slow enough?

Wait, no it's not. If I put it any slower, it'll be in reverse.

Maybe thats the trick... cut in reverse.  You may have one of those rare left handed titans.   ;)