The Elvis Legacy

IS THIS CAUSED FROM A DULL BLADE?

This pic is of about 1.5 inch lettering cut on my graphtec CE 5000.  Is this indicative of needing to change the blade or perhaps another problem?  All the cut lines are smooth and cleanly cut with the exception of at the corners as you can see....

For cutting regular vinyl, is it better to use a 45 or 60 degree blade?  

post-23404-0-77672500-1461280719_thumb.j

Look inside the blade holder after you take the blade out and I think you will find some small pieces of vinyl in there.  Use a magnifying glass if you have to and add a drop of oil.  Remember that the blade also has to be free to spin, and as Scott said way to much blade,   if anything start with as little as you can where you can just barley see the blade.

The same glass look at the tip and make sure you didn't bust the tip.  You have a great machine and no way should it be cutting like that ...

• Like 1

and as for degree.... I think the general rule is to use a 45 deg on most normal stuff and the 60 on thicker items.  I like to keep things simple at my house and just stock and use 60 for everything.  I know some others on this forum do as well!

• Like 1

One last thing look at it in wire frame mode and make sure it not cutting the vinyl twice ....

• Like 2

Also while in wire frame, look at those anchor points.  You may have a bunch of them at the corners.

Fewer is better, or as we in Georgia might say; fewer is more better!

Cal

• Like 1

Your offset is way off too. That's why you are getting the curls in the corners of your letters.

post-1636-0-08113500-1461331961_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Your offset is way off too. That's why you are getting the curls in the corners of your letters.

And if thats the case the offset on the Graphtec is 0.00