The57MetLady

how to widen line on a design to cut?

I have a shape of a car, it is something my client had hand drawn for his business cards. I need it wider to be able to cut a sticker of it.(4x6)

it is possibly 2 pt wide now, and I can not figure out on Corel how to make just that shape of the car wider?

What magic word to insert in the search feature to help me.

I have ZERO corel draw skills, I just purchased it and it is completely foreign to me.

I am watching videos and trying my best to learn cold turkey, but it sure is not an easy process.

I have tried to make it a bitmap, tried to view it as a wire frame, tried so many different things but when I try to take it into scal it wont work.

Can anybody out there tell me a step by step method to enhance the skinny little line to beef it up so I can have some meat to cut ?

Currently I resorted to the last 4 days , approximately 3 hours a day solid of pixel by pixel manipulation and my hand and arm are so cramped I am about to cry.

Honestly I thought it would just allow me to make an outline in Sure Cuts a lot, but it is so thin it does not recognize nearly half of the design.

HELP........ please......

post-81366-0-07982000-1461207786_thumb.j

In Corel on the left tool bar you will see out line tool try that, then you will have to play with the nodes a little

post-2057-0-92249000-1461210230_thumb.jp

• Like 1

The challenge is we loose the shape of the hood.....

I love the width of yours, but I too cant get the width WITH the correct shape the client demands :-(

Is the "playing with the nodes" a way to get the shape back?

I am not sure what you are working with.  That is do you have something that is vector or only a bitmap?  If you have a vector is it a shape or just a path with stroke?  If it is just a stroke, you may need to convert the stroke to path first.  If it is a shape and your trying to thickening it adding a stroke, you would probably have to convert the stroke to path and weld it to the other shape. Maybe you can post a link to the cdr file you are working with on dropbox or something similar so we can have a look at it.  If you wind up with one shape, you would use the shape tool to change it.

I traced the bitmap above and made it vector.  Here is the bitmap for easy review.  Below is a dropbox link to it as an eps vector file.

carcurve.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34207516/carcurve.eps

• Like 1