Hi.  Have had my USCutter MH Mk2 for several months now and have had some successful cuts (Hollister Air Attack in the attached photo) but now I am having trouble with long plots.  The test paper keeps drifting to the right as you face the cutter.  What is unusual to me is that it will run pretty true for about 30" or so, then start to drift noticeably, then as you retract the paper it will "bunch" the paper.  I am sure it is related to the pinch wheel pressure but I am at a loss as to add more pressure or less - nothing seems to help.  I have tried to make the number of threads extending out of the left hand pinch wheel springs the same as the right hand side to no avail.

I have a long plot, about 100", coming up consisting of 4 words.  I can split it into the 4 words with registration marks and that is probably what I will do - handling and applying a nearly 9-foot sign might be a pain.

On an unrelated issue, the validation email never showed up in my personal email - I had to use my work email and I am not able to change emails with out the validation email!

Thanks for any input!

Jeff

post-98143-0-09523700-1461010465_thumb.j

The budget cutters are not good at tracking. That is one of their biggest downsides. If you have a long cut I recommend trying out the 7 day trial of SignCut Pro and do you long cut during the free week. This is a cut only program that does almost no editing (not sure on the newest iteration that might offer more options I don't have) There is an option for step-by-step cutting which will let you set a number of inches for it to cut before moving on. It will just cut that area then move to the next segment. I would also probably turn off the weeding border so it doesn't make a final pass around the whole thing. That will help you get through it. It also has a little preview option before you cut where you can watch a run through and see how it will progress. Take a look as it runs and see if you need to adjust the distance in your step by step distance hopefully hitting mostly between the letters. This feature can really save your day on long cuts with a less than perfect tracking record. 

• Like 1