Sign in to follow this  
signmike

Siser Easyweed- pressure settings?

I've had to use 150-160g pressure on normal vinyl like greenstar and oracal.

Has anyone cut any siser easyweed with the laserpoint II? I tried 176k and it's still not enough to cut through fully.

enough that the test cut cuts thru the material - each machine is different - the lpii has had at least 2 different makers and a few different mainboards over the years so it will be different depending on which configuration yours is - numbers are really arbitrary and are not a true gram or other measurement of force.  knowing how to set your blade and force on your machine is where experience and testing comes in.  heck even as a blade wears it will change

Are you cutting on the dull side? I don't use that cutter but, it shouldn't be much different if at all than oracal or othe sign vinyl

• Like 1

I've had to use 150-160g pressure on normal vinyl like greenstar and oracal.

Has anyone cut any siser easyweed with the laserpoint II? I tried 176k and it's still not enough to cut through fully.

You might just need to adjust your blade a little so that you have more blade sticking out when cutting the HTV, especially if the blade you are using is a little dull...

If your blade is reasonably sharp you should be able to cut the Siser at the regular pressure. It's only 2 mil thick too so I think once dialed in you should be good without a bunch of changes. I do think HTV has a tendency to dull blades faster than other cutting. 

If your blade is reasonably sharp you should be able to cut the Siser at the regular pressure. It's only 2 mil thick too so I think once dialed in you should be good without a bunch of changes. I do think HTV has a tendency to dull blades faster than other cutting. 

I have to agree, the rubbery consistency of the HTV probably does dull it faster. Guess I should order more blades!

I have to agree, the rubbery consistency of the HTV probably does dull it faster. Guess I should order more blades!

I recommend a good high quality blade. Clean Cut blades are really nice. They cost more than the cheap ones but they cut better and easier and last a long time (6 months to a year if you treat them nice) I believe I read that the GS premium blades at USCutter are some form of Clean Cut back door deal but you'd want to make sure they fit your machine and maybe even give the guys a call and ask to be sure. 

• Like 2