Sign in to follow this  
Tks_Designz

What do you price dealer tags for?

$0.42 each doesn't sound like a bad price for that kind of volume. I guess like Topper I would want to see what size and how complicated to weed. I did a few for my nephews ORV repair and sales business but his needed to be so small that they were something better off printed. 

Don't know how to post pics... they are roughly 2" x 4" and take a minute to weed so that 16.6 hours of weeding. So thats $25.20 so lets just say $21 a hour after material costs. 

Don't know how to post pics... they are roughly 2" x 4" and take a minute to weed so that 16.6 hours of weeding. So thats $25.20 so lets just say $21 a hour after material costs. 

A minute each........

You're going to hate yourself after about 100.

I know I did.

Don't forget the application tape time and trimming. Plus that extra 15% you get to pay Uncle Sam on your self-employment profits.

I only have one dealership that I make rear window decals for. They measure 1.5"x22" and are made with chrome vinyl. One $40 roll of vinyl turns into $300 worth of decals in about 3.5 hours. One 10yd roll makes 150 decals that size. $2 each.

Try to double your material cost and make $30-60 per hour on the labor. Whatever your area will allow you to charge. I saved this dealership around $900 per year compared to the last place that made these decals for them and it's still profitable for me.

A minute each........ You're going to hate yourself after about 100. I know I did.

This isn't my first rodeo lol. tbh i'm going to hate life and want to neck myself after 10.

That is a lot of rough tiny weeding for 0.42 EA. Id try to make the inverse font bigger if the whole thing is 4" wide or so.

heck add a small .03 outline around that and do the 1000 in a couple hours at .35 each . . . . guestimating here

With that design at $.42 you'll be lucky to make minimum wage doing that job.  

You'll have at least 2-3 min per decal if you include cutting, wedding, taping, cutting up, organizing, counting.

2 min X 1000 = 33.3 hours of fun.   

$425 / 33 hours = $12.72 an hour

And that doesn't include materials.  

And that's not taking into count fatigue and messups. 

Maybe have some one like Scott ( Dakotagrafx ) give you a price on printed ones.  Then all the dealership has to do is peel and stick.  They don't need to know you are sourcing them out ...

• Like 1

Maybe have some one like Scott ( Dakotagrafx ) give you a price on printed ones.  Then all the dealership has to do is peel and stick.  They don't need to know you are sourcing them out ...

Yep, that's the way to roll with that one..

After Taxes & Obamacare it's more like $14 if you are lucky.