AmericanWarriorDecals

Tiny air bubbles on layered vinyl

Will these tiny minuscule air bubbles go away over time? Or are they there forever? I was as precise as I could be when transferring it over but this still happened. Is this ok or am I just a newbie freaking out over not a big deal? I had read over time they will go away but it was mixed

post-98081-0-19663200-1460501966_thumb.j

post-98081-0-95662800-1460501976_thumb.j

• Like 1

Mine always go away. or i have to pop them,,No worries in my own opinion. Im sure someone else will give some advice as well.

• Like 1

Might be specks of dust. If that's the case, you'll never get it out. But PD is right, a needle prick and you can get the air out.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Eazy" data-cid="416818" data-time="1460551396"><p>

Might be specks of dust. If that's the case, you'll never get it out. But PD is right, a needle prick and you can get the air out.</p></blockquote>

I must have wiped it down 4 times prior. It doesn't feel like dust since there is no feeling that something is under it. Any tips for preventing dust as well? Seems to be my biggest fear now.

what type of trans tape are you using, Seriously i do get those and they do go away or you can manually make them go away to a certain point, But i wouldnt stress on it..

I don't see any app tape on your layered decal. Are you removing the app tape?

I don't see any app tape on your layered decal. Are you removing the app tape?

thats whats missing , i didnt even notice there was no trans tape on it , unless its been put on paper or something other than the backing paper.. But it appears to be pulling it off while its on backing paper.. Bingo if thats it.

Any tips for preventing dust as well? Seems to be my biggest fear now.

When you solve pet hair we can move on to dust.... 

• Like 1

I did take the clear tape off in order to lay other tape down. But I'm going to go with although that was still already there. Putting application tape on after is not the best way.

As for the pet hair, I'm still working on solving that. Don't have time to do both haha. But thank you all! I'll just let the transfer tape sit on there with it and not be OCD about the application tape being there instead.

Standard procedure is you typically put the app tape on the top most part in your case the silver and lift it off the carrier and then apply it to the next layer down and leave it to then transfer the whole thing to the final position wherever it's going. You have to try and leave enough app tape out along the edges to cover the whole graphic or you can piece it around parts you couldn't get covered. If you get some bubbles you can pop them through the app tape. I rarely layer things at the shop and just tape each one off separate and put them on one at a time at the job. Less bubbles that way. 

• Like 3

What I do is wipe the layers with a dryer sheet then drag a lint free cloth over them. It gets the vast majority of any dust off.

• Like 1

I blow it off with a compressor when I'm worried about dust. Also if you are using a clear type app tape, it generates a ton of static, which summons dust and hair from across the room.

• Like 1

What I do is wipe the layers with a dryer sheet then drag a lint free cloth over them. It gets the vast majority of any dust off.

Thank for you the tip! I'll go and grab some after work today!

Standard procedure is you typically put the app tape on the top most part in your case the silver and lift it off the carrier and then apply it to the next layer down and leave it to then transfer the whole thing to the final position wherever it's going. You have to try and leave enough app tape out along the edges to cover the whole graphic or you can piece it around parts you couldn't get covered. If you get some bubbles you can pop them through the app tape. I rarely layer things at the shop and just tape each one off separate and put them on one at a time at the job. Less bubbles that way. 

Thank you for that as well! I'll remember that!

• Like 2

I blow it off with a compressor when I'm worried about dust. Also if you are using a clear type app tape, it generates a ton of static, which summons dust and hair from across the room.

That's definitely something I'm beginning to notice. I'll just use the regular tape and just be careful aligning. Thank you.