Sign in to follow this  
EDC

MH721 not being recognized when plugged in

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I recently got a MH721 and it turns on and it mechanically functions.  My only issue is that when I plug in the usb from my MH721 to my laptop, my computer doesn't recognize it.  I've tried a few computers/laptops and seems to be the same issue.  Both computers are Windows 7 and Windows *.  From reading and following support and instructions, I'm suppose to download the driver which I did, but when I go through the control panels and look for "other devices", it doesn't show USCutter Series.  I'm not an expert, but I believe either the whole microchip port Port is broken and not recognizing or just the USB port is broken.  I took it apart and when i plug int he usb, the little red light does respond though.  I'm going to try to use some serial ports and see if that works.   Does anybody have any thoughts?

yes - drivers not installed properly - call support and they will walk you thru it  - 

Thanks for all the help.  When I plug it in...should my computer recognize the USCUTTER?  or should it say Com4?