My USCutter MH721-Mk2 is not completing cuts (i.e. it does not end the cut of a square where it begins the cut, it ends the cut just a small distance away from the starting point of the cut) and also seems like it is slightly tearing the vinyl instead of cutting it. I included a video with the cuts before and after weeding to show you exactly what is happening. My cut settings are in the description of the video and i have a brand new blade in it, also i am cutting Oracal 651 vinyl in case that information can help.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Link to video: 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bH-KKPHy_r0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

add to the overcut in you software - not your offset but overcut.  that along with a properly adjusted blade like skeeter has described a few thousand times usually cures that problem

• Like 1

you state on your video that "and i have the blade sticking out of the blade holder exactly as it should be. " - exactly what is that -

Its sticking out of the holder just about a half of a credit card width

Well that is way too much.   Follow these instructions. You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

Do you think that old half credit card thing will ever go away? Talk about mess up a whole generation of new cutter owners. 

717 hopefully having it out too much didn't do damage to the tip. That can happen when it slices into the cutting strip and gets yanked back and forth. Not your fault, there is some serious mis-information that has been around for a long time and it just seems to be the prevailing problem with new folks. 

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the help, I switched my blade to a 60 degree blade after it still wasn't cutting well after fixing everything/doing what you suggested and that seemed to do the trick.

And I don't understand why USCutter would say thats what the blade exposure should be if its way too much, you would think the makers of the plotters would know what the blade exposure actually should be.

And I don't understand why USCutter would say thats what the blade exposure should be if its way too much, you would think the makers of the plotters would know what the blade exposure actually should be.

they made several videos and instructions that says to start with that and most have been updated to add that - that is the starting point and to continue the setting process much like skeeters instructions - we get a lot of people that either find the old ones that haven't been updated or quit reading at the credit card part - we have tried and tried to get that reference removed with no luck

If it's yanking up vinyl, then you usually have too much blade exposed.   Set your blade as described above...

• Like 1