Aloha

Im cutting V98 Reflective and i see the material running off 5/16" over 6 feet.

what is the method to calibrate?

Titan 2, 28"

win 10

scal 4 pro

thanks

cy

never heard of calibrating tracking - can you explain?   best results are normally least amount of blade possible and not making the plotter pull off the roll - other than that just getting started straight to begin with

• Like 1

Gotta agree, never heard of calibrating tracking...Getting the vinyl to track great comes from experience of using your vinyl cutter...You have to start with your vinyl being started straight and roll tight...and don't be pulling from your roll while cutting....Pre feed your vinyl enough to do the order and let the vinyl lay slack behind your cutter..Also I make sure the pinch roller wheels are the same distance on each side of the vinyl edge..So if the left side pinch roller is 1" from the vinyl edge, then make sure the right side pinch roller  is 1" away from the vinyl edge...Then they would be equal and should feed straight. 

• Like 1

I never heard of it before either, My question is to answer why my material v98 reflective is not maintaining straight tracking , in this

instance, the reflective is moving 5/16 of an inch off over 6 foot. if the run is longer it gets worse. so if you were to give me 

suggestions on how to correct this problem, this can be referred to as "calibrating"

thanks

cy

I never heard of it before either, My question is to answer why my material v98 reflective is not maintaining straight tracking , in this

instance, the reflective is moving 5/16 of an inch off over 6 foot. if the run is longer it gets worse. so if you were to give me 

suggestions on how to correct this problem, this can be referred to as "calibrating"

thanks

cy

best results are normally least amount of blade possible and not making the plotter pull off the roll - other than that just getting started straight to begin with

Getting the vinyl to track great comes from experience of using your vinyl cutter...You have to start with your vinyl being started straight and roll tight...and don't be pulling from your roll while cutting....Pre feed your vinyl enough to do the order and let the vinyl lay slack behind your cutter..Also I make sure the pinch roller wheels are the same distance on each side of the vinyl edge..So if the left side pinch roller is 1" from the vinyl edge, then make sure the right side pinch roller  is 1" away from the vinyl edge...Then they would be equal and should feed straight. 

:rolleyes:

can't answer that question, because we are not there, we don't know what you are doing.. but maybe the info below can help you.....

This applies to any vinyl. any vinyl cutter.  From UScutter support. 

Why is my cutter making the vinyl go sideways?

Although the vinyl may appear to be loaded squarely, it takes only a slight skew to create a noticeable shift. If your vinyl shifts drastically to the left or right when feeding, the first thing to check is the pinch-roller positions. Most vinyl cutters will have specific places where the pinch-rollers cannot be placed. These positions may or may not be clearly marked. The best method to follow is simply to ensure that the pinch-rollers are placed directly above the knurled part of the feed-rollers. If your cutter is experiencing issues with material tracking, download our Material Loading Guide. You can also find the complete instructions on setting up your cutter at the start.uscutter.com website.

Here is the material loading guide

http://www.uscuttersupport.com/downloads/Support_PDF/CutterSetup/Material_Loading_Guide.pdf

Thank you, all the previous have been applied and problem still exists.

is it possible that one of the pinch rollers is not applying the same pressure, and is their a test for this?

does your other vinyl track correctly?  the reflective will cut harder and go thru blades a lot quicker because of the metallic layer

• Like 1

I never had to calibrate my tracking on my titan 2. Always made sure my material was running straight before i did any cuts. I always run it a good foot or more depending on how long my design is ,I use the blade holder as a reference line, place it inside your vinyl edge about 1 inch and then run your material as far as you need it and watch the blade, if it stays consistently in a straight line along the vinyl your good to go. Done,Cut and finished.

does your other vinyl track correctly?  the reflective will cut harder and go thru blades a lot quicker because of the metallic layer

I think Dakota is on the right track. If you are ALSO having problems with regular vinyl then it's some sort of issue with the cutter whether that is a pinch roller or whatever but if it's ONLY the reflective then THAT is the component that is the variable. Then you can decide if to cut it you are having to use max or near max cutting force thereby PULLING the vinyl off track (which would be my best guess)

• Like 1

Check the adjustment on your pinch rollers one tight or loose could cause this on a "long run"