Sign in to follow this  
iamtherookie

16x20 Perfect Press Auto Open - Not Heating Up

Hello,

I've had this press for almost one year now and it just decided to stop heating up.
It will not heat beyond 96 degrees fahrenheit.

I'm reading along the forum and seeing that it could be something as simple as a fuse?

Any body else with a similar problem?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

if it was a fuse it wouldn't heat up at all - could be platen, control board or temp sensing device but not a fuse 

Should be a 2 year warranty on it, but because of the weight, I am sure it won't be cheap to ship it for repair.

Should be a 2 year warranty on it, but because of the weight, I am sure it won't be cheap to ship it for repair.

good point - if it is a usc with 2 year then they would ship the parts to fix after troubleshooting over the phone

did they offer to at least troubleshoot it so you could order parts even if "out of warranty?"

it sound like it could also be a wire going to the platen.  Try taking the cover off or lifting it high enough where you can move the insulation and see if a wire either burnt or dis connected.

USCutter says the warranty is void if I do not have the original box, which I do not.

I think this is the mind set of 99% of today's companies is to try and think of every way to get out of fixing the problem rather  then make the customer happy by  standing behind their product ...

• Like 1

USCutter says the warranty is void if I do not have the original box, which I do not.

Sounds like I'm SOL... any suggestions?

That's some bullshit!!!!!!

Who keeps a box that big for that long?    

• Like 1

That's some bullshit!!!!!!

Who keeps a box that big for that long?    

I know they have that same thing with the titan, when I got mine it had decals on it stating that very fact