joker

what caused this

Did three of these hats for a tree removal business and all three hats were the 39 thirty fitted hats. After i pressed them it seemed like there was an area above the image that was whitish looking. it is hard to see it fully in the picture.Curious to know what caused this. I pressed them at 305 degrees fro 8 seconds. Could it be the pressure is to much or the temp?  I am getting ready to make a few these for my store and do not want them looking this.. Thanks for the help.  

post-35399-0-20596800-1460218166_thumb.j

I have three different size pieces that go on my hat press. Red is the only color that this happened on.

I can't see it but is it possibly some carry over from a previous job? I try to use a piece of parchment paper when I press but it's a PIA and sometimes I give up and just press without it if the carrier is covering the logo completely.  One time I had some residue carry over onto a second job. In my case it was going from black to white hats and I had to scrub my upper platen with the hot melt cleaner which was the first time that thing had been cleaned probably forever. I bought it used and it was way worse than it looked. 

Yes one off it is still there. Im gonna do another ed hat for myself with some different settings as well as use a piece of parchment paper.. Thanks guys for the replies

thats from heat and pressure. on hats i dont clamp it down i just let it sit lightly on the hats. also the hat material can make it do that

• Like 1