Hello all!  I apologize if this has been answered but a quick search didn't yield the results I was looking for.

I run a small home business making vinyl decals (obviously).  I'm still pretty new and have been using the Silhouette Cameo 2 for a few months while I saved for a larger more professional level machine.  Business is picking up and I'm quickly realizing the limitations that I have with decal runs and precision.

I've done some research and I narrowed it down to the Sign Warehoue Endura Cut 3 until a friend in the industry told me that he uses a less expensive US Cutter.  I did some research and this machine seems to be what I'm looking for.

The current needs I have are the ability to small run decals (less than 500).  A 24' wide max cutting area (so the 28" model. The ability to cut fonts as small as 1/10" of an inch. That would be the smallest I would need.  Also looking for ease of use.  I'm also used to all the things the Silhouette studio software let me do (edit individual vector points, wrap text in circles and objects, etc.).  Any help and input would be appreciated.  Thank you!

The ability to cut fonts as small as 1/10" of an inch. That would be the smallest I would need. 

The only cutter that USCutter sells that can cut text that small would be a Graphtec FC.

roland while very very solid doesn't do the fine detail as good - the reason I keep a graphtec - honestly I have had ce-3000, ce-3000mk2, Ce5000, ce6000, fc-4100 and all cut about the same - excellent - just the fc-4100 weighed as much as an old projection tv - still cut as nice as any cutter and I got it 3+ years ago for $175

I've seen a few used CE5000's. If it's worth it to get that's great to know now. I still need the software i'd imagine if its not paired.

Thank you for the answers. I'll keep my eyes peeled. Don't mind buying used equipment. My side business is just run out of my spare bedroom. More as a creative outlet than to make money. It's just something I enjoy.

most sign software works with the graphtecs - for new the titan is hard to beat on price but if you see the graphtec cut before you buy it is very solid machine - like I said I have bought over a dozen of different models used, usually changed the cutting strips, new blade and tested and never had a problem = but we have seen a couple people on here with units that got jammed etc and have bad boards so always see it run

• Like 1

Like Dakota said,  most any software works with a Graphtec,  even the free Signblazer software that you can  download from here, but it is old, non updated software... My Graphtec is 8 years old, and I have never had a problem,  all original parts.  It was purchased new.  Also bought my kids new CE5000-60  cutters 4 years ago,  never had problems with those either. Stands are standard equipment with Graphtecs, so most you will find, already have a stand.  Stands are optional on some Roland cutters,, and a lot of people didn't spend the extra to buy them...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dakotagrafx" data-cid="416552" data-time="1460227720"><p>

most sign software works with the graphtecs - for new the titan is hard to beat on price but if you see the graphtec cut before you buy it is very solid machine - like I said I have bought over a dozen of different models used, usually changed the cutting strips, new blade and tested and never had a problem = but we have seen a couple people on here with units that got jammed etc and have bad boards so always see it run</p></blockquote>

I'm from the Los Angeles area and all the used ones I see seem to be on the east coast. I'd have to buy it and hope it's good...

• Like 1

On 4/15/2016 at 6:34 AM, AmericanWarriorDecals said:

Just ordered a refurbished unit last night. Can't wait to get it!

What did you pull the trigger on? and how well is it working out for you? which cutting software did you end up going with?