Just setup my new laser point II plotter today, went to make my first cut after setup and noticed that when the cutter moves from one letter to the next it cuts off part of the previous letter? It seems to not be going up all the way when it moves to the next position or something? I have the blade depth set correct?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You don't state what cutting software you are using,  but if your are using Sure Cuts A Lot, you must activate the software first or it will cut lines thru your designs..  It would be running in demo mode until activated. 

This is how to set your blade correctly

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I thought that might be the issue, so I deactivated it and reactivated the software again, still same issue. blade depth is correct!

I'm using sure cuts a lot software on a mac using usb.

Make sure you have the design joined if any letters are overlapping or connected...Can you post the image to give a better idea as well?

finally got it dialed in. less blade than what the recommendations called for and more pressure, around 187. SUCCESS!!

so less blade than recommended in post #2 above - it shouldn't cut at all then if using less than that

• Like 1

And after I gave the instructions,  he stated the blade was correct!!!  :rolleyes:    No kidding, it would not cut at all.  He stated it was correct, so I didn't pursue that the blade would be the problem any more..It would  have been exposed a long ways out of the blade holder to cut like those pictures.

It also gets my goat when newbies post under the thread  "Criticism and Complaints about USCUTTER", like UScutter is to blame,

when they are clueless about how to run a vinyl  cutter or even set their blade depth correctly, even after they are given perfect instructions.,. , Gotta blame someone I guess.  :-[

• Like 2

Customer:  Yes I want a 100 yard deep pool.  Install it overnight please.   Yes, I know how to swim, or at least I have youtube to show me.

Business:  Yes sir, we will install your 100 yard deep pool tomorrow.  Please note the extreme depth of the pool you ordered.

Next day.

Customer:  You guys sold me a defective pool!  I almost drowned!

Business:  You can return the pool but have to pay $40,000 in shipping.

• Like 1