Sign in to follow this  
Cal

Blade barrel cleaning & cut quality

I regularly (or so I thought) clean out small pieces of vinyl that have stuck to the knife, you know - the i dots or centers of lower case e and such.  I usually push the blade down and get those pieces and thought I was doing a good job of it.

Today my cut quality was rather poor, and nothing was stuck to the knife blade.  Until I took the knife out that is.  Looking into the barrel I could see several small pieces, did not help that they were silver, but I could still see them.  I got them out with a toothpick and then used a small paint applicator brush with a drop of 3-in-1 oil to get in there and coat it, maybe it will not load up so much.

I can say this - the cut quality was way improved.  I had no more hang ups the rest of the day.

I know this will not help out the old hands, but maybe some newby will see it and use the info.

Cal

post-47968-0-48889700-1459906673_thumb.jpost-47968-0-73299200-1459906686_thumb.j

• Like 4

I just ordered 2 more holders- wore one out on the graphtec so time for another cheap replacement.
Glad you posted this for others to see though = that is the beauty of the forum - people can research a problem at all hours