Primal Decals

forum website always going down

I sucks when you can't get your forum fix for the hour. (like a needle in the arm)

• Like 1

It happens when there are too many users connected to database, it may be search engine bots too. It may also happen due to corruption of any mysql db table or sometimes database is down from hosting provider end.

Mysql connections can be increased to fix this issu

Hosting company is Godaddy http://who.is/whois/uscutter.comhttp://who.is/whois/uscutter.com

That the reason there.  They are on a shared network.. And do not have there own VPS..

EVERY Sunday morning is getting old.

:blink:

• Like 1

Hey All,

We have outgrown our current platform and are putting the time/work in to migrate. I apologize sincerely about the down time Sunday early mornings, and can assure you moving forward we should not see this. It's a good problem to have - the community has been so strong, and growing so much that it's time to move onward and upward. No data loss will occur in these changes and you shouldn't notice any differences to the way you navigate the forums.

Thank you again for bearing with us, being apart of this great community, and we will work our hardest to continue to improve your experience!

• Like 4

Hey All,

We have outgrown our current platform and are putting the time/work in to migrate. I apologize sincerely about the down time Sunday early mornings, and can assure you moving forward we should not see this. It's a good problem to have - the community has been so strong, and growing so much that it's time to move onward and upward. No data loss will occur in these changes and you shouldn't notice any differences to the way you navigate the forums.

Thank you again for bearing with us, being apart of this great community, and we will work our hardest to continue to improve your experience!

thanks for the update Tom, last time we switched forum software we lost the ability to search all the old post essentially starting over when Marcus moved it right before he left.  the post are still there but don't show up when we search for key words - was very hard change over that time

• Like 1

thanks for the update Tom, last time we switched forum software we lost the ability to search all the old post essentially starting over when Marcus moved it right before he left.  the post are still there but don't show up when we search for key words - was very hard change over that time

No problem.

Platform is going to stay the same for the time being - just adding more system resources and streamlining. We may look to move up to a higher level of IPS (forum software) release - but for the time being we are holding. 

• Like 1

Hey All,

Please tell me your installing Xenforo and getting better Hosting... That is the only fix...  I am a admin for bigger forum than this and it was the only solution...