SeeJaysPlace

Screen Printing

There is Plenty of things you can do with screen printing, 

I got this job off of Craigslist a Bride wanted her invites for her wedding to be  White Letters on Navy Blue Paper!

here is a little video of me making her invites

This is how they turned out 

post-16863-0-74239500-1459654704_thumb.j

• Like 10

Very Nicely done looks great.

For my first time ever screen printing paper, they turned out wonderful! 

Not to be THAT guy but....wouldn't printing them be just as good? I know it's her money and she can do what ever she wants with it...Im just saying....

• Like 1

Not to be THAT guy but....wouldn't printing them be just as good? I know it's her money and she can do what ever she wants with it...Im just saying....

Does your printer print white ink?

Finding a printer that prints white ink  and this looks better if you ask me! you can feel the ink on the paper and it gives it a nice feel and look! when screen printed

• Like 1

Does your printer print white ink?

Finding a printer that prints white ink  and this looks better if you ask me! you can feel the ink on the paper and it gives it a nice feel and look! when screen printed

That's exactly why I thought screen printing was perfect

• Like 1

Nice work SeeJay.. I have you in mind when i need some transfers made.

Nice work SeeJay.. I have you in mind when i need some transfers made.

So, about those transfers! 

I'm moving into my office space in a few weeks, I go tomorrow to meet the land lord and give him 6 months rent up front.. Going to try it to see if this office space will pay for it's self or not! 

I have not attempted the transfers as of yet, I hope to soon!  I will post when I have done my test runs and wash test.. I just have not had a job that needs needs it yet 

Thanks for the support!  

www.seejaysplace.com  check out my facebook page and while your there can you hit the like button  :)

Very nice, just asking what mesh count was your screen?

"This was my first time attempting using screen printing on card stock, First I burned the screen on a 305 mesh, and found out fast that was not going to be the right choice. Then I burned it on a 180 mesh and the screen got messed up in the wash out process. Then Finally I used a 160 mesh and everything turned out GREAT! The ink I used was white speedball ink, and I used my homemade DIY vacuum table hooked up to my Riley Hopkins press and a foot pedal to turn on and off my vacuum. And First I wanted my little daughter to help me with this project of mine, by letting her dry the ink with a hair dryer, Thought this would be a perfect opportunity for her to help dad out on one of his jobs. She is always asking if she can help and I thought this was perfect, But she did get bored after the first 20 or so, Then I just turned on my conveyor dyer to the lowest setting it can go and turn the belt setting as fast as it can go, and that was perfect, after I did all that. I did about 300 sheets in about an hour. All and all I was very happy with the results of this job and the first time attempting it."

• Like 2

Good job...I'll keep you in mind for the next person that wants

"White Ink".

Sue2

"This was my first time attempting using screen printing on card stock, First I burned the screen on a 305 mesh, and found out fast that was not going to be the right choice. Then I burned it on a 180 mesh and the screen got messed up in the wash out process. Then Finally I used a 160 mesh and everything turned out GREAT! The ink I used was white speedball ink, and I used my homemade DIY vacuum table hooked up to my Riley Hopkins press and a foot pedal to turn on and off my vacuum. And First I wanted my little daughter to help me with this project of mine, by letting her dry the ink with a hair dryer, Thought this would be a perfect opportunity for her to help dad out on one of his jobs. She is always asking if she can help and I thought this was perfect, But she did get bored after the first 20 or so, Then I just turned on my conveyor dyer to the lowest setting it can go and turn the belt setting as fast as it can go, and that was perfect, after I did all that. I did about 300 sheets in about an hour. All and all I was very happy with the results of this job and the first time attempting it."

Thanks. I also do some screenprinting on vinyl sheets, mostly For Sale signs etc. I use a 230 mesh  and solvent inks which smell like hell.

Nice job.try the green galaxy waterbase ink next time that's what I used to do posters.

On 4/5/2016 at 10:38 AM, gozo said:

Very nice, just asking what mesh count was your screen?

I just got into solvent ink   ewww I hate that stuff

• Like 1

Very cool idea. Ive been trying to come up with a way to make a vacuum platen also. Wouldnt want to share your design would ya? I use a Riley Hopkins press also for now.

On 10/12/2016 at 6:20 PM, Monkey said:

Very cool idea. Ive been trying to come up with a way to make a vacuum platen also. Wouldnt want to share your design would ya? I use a Riley Hopkins press also for now.

Well, My uncle owns a CNC shop, so I had him drill the holes into my aluminium

Its 18x26 So i can do signs on it when I need

but other then that i just made a box and the bottom was thing MDF I think it was not all that hard really 

Hope this helps

12188217_874635282649977_3191702220606052558_o.jpg

12274492_874635329316639_2333680243020184478_n.jpg

12307509_874635262649979_4334766901251154612_o.jpg

12308669_874635375983301_6700857057301326331_n.jpg

12308694_874635245983314_8492331660415608165_n.jpg

12314025_874635359316636_2923776603467878939_n.jpg

• Like 2

That is probably the best looking one ive seen. Thanks for sharing it. How far apart are the holes? I read where someone did them at 1" squares and didnt feel there was enough. Look slike yours may be at 1/2"? Also do you know the dia bit that was used?

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 11:30 AM, Monkey said:

That is probably the best looking one ive seen. Thanks for sharing it. How far apart are the holes? I read where someone did them at 1" squares and didnt feel there was enough. Look slike yours may be at 1/2"? Also do you know the dia bit that was used?

Umm.. My uncle with his cnc machine shop made the aluminium plate for me $220 He's located in Just out side of Springfeild, MO

I've seen people use peg board but I thought those holes where to big!   I think his drill bit was 1/8th and 1/2 inch square! 

• Like 1