Looks like a lack of overcut to me. I think you should input the overcut in the cutter menu not in the cutting software. My budget cutter never responded well to speed, pressure, overcut or blade offset when going through the cutting software but accepted orders from manual input fine. 

If you had that many cutters then I'm probably wrong about the set up being the issue. 

I don't believe the MH series has an overcut option built in. Don't think they have offset either, or if they do, I never found it.

Looks like you need overcut to close the gap in the corner and you probably need more pressure to help with the other section of the test square.

I don't believe the MH series has an overcut option built in. Don't think they have offset either, or if they do, I never found it.

Well I'll be... Never owned one. 

Now you got me wondering if my memory is right about my old P-Cut. I THINK I set the offset and overcut manually but I'm doubting my memory. It's been about 3 years. It's entirely possible that I did it in SIgnCut. I think I'll just quit yacking cause I'm not helping at all at this point. 

To clarify...

1. There is no overcut on this machine. They did tell me you can calibrate it through an app, and we're supposed to do that, but when he called me he told me they were slammed, 8 people waiting on hold, and sent me instructions to tighten a screw somewhere else (if it needed it). I didn't rank high enough after being sent multiple plotters and parts and having to deal with this after almost 3 weeks

2. This was a test cut directly from the machine. No PC was hooked up.

3. Overcut would help closing the cut potentially but like cut its making out to the left would be there. For the record I DID try overcut... Lots of it

There is no overcut or offset settings on the plotter. I was more than willing to try calibrating it but Joe from US Cutter had other ideas in mind and I honestly felt (by his own words) he was more worried about the 8 people on hold. His manager (with Karl Bowman who's yet to return ANY of my calls) told me that the plan was to calibrate it and if we couldn't get it resolved in 10 minutes they'd check one out, make sure it worked right, and overnight it. I was more than happy to do that. I've lost a lot more than I paid for the machine in the past three weeks and just wanted a working plotter but when Joe called me... All of a sudden it was

"We're really busy, we are sending a new one, and we can't test it cause we are out of them here in Washington"

He also gave me his direct email telling me to email him if I had further issues.

Now, we have a new problem. They messaged me telling me I had to pay a 20% restocking fee. WTF

They've also told me they won't issue a refund until they get the plotter back.

After three days eBay will handle my refund regardless of what they want...but if you look at their F rating with the bbb and read the complaints there and on EBay, they're making money charging for restocking fees because in many cases (I'm sure not all of them - some are definitely operator error) the machine isn't working correctly.

Frustrating...

I had one MH721 a long time ago that worked great so I decided to order a second one to increase productivity and have a backup. The second one had similar problems as yours and they wanted me to use parts from my working cutter to diagnose the new one. I didn't think that was a good idea for obvious reasons.

I was able to return mine for full value credit towards the purchase of a graphtec but still had to pay $40 return shipping. It sucks for sure.

Offset and Overcut in the software only with the MH. From the picture I agree with the too much blade comments. How did  you set how far the blade is sticking out?

Offset and Overcut in the software only with the MH. From the picture I agree with the too much blade comments. How did you set how far the blade is sticking out?
Doing this for 10+ years I can tell you there is not too much blade. I can run my finger over it and barely feel it. Can't see the image on the paper so it's not scoring the paper. Weeds fine.

The blade doesn't round the corners and make it stop cutting and change directions.

What's more...Does the same thing with the pen in and at all the settings they told me to use.

They've agreed that something is wrong...

I had one MH721 a long time ago that worked great so I decided to order a second one to increase productivity and have a backup. The second one had similar problems as yours and they wanted me to use parts from my working cutter to diagnose the new one. I didn't think that was a good idea for obvious reasons.

I was able to return mine for full value credit towards the purchase of a graphtec but still had to pay $40 return shipping. It sucks for sure.

Hell would freeze over before I pay restocking or shipping. There's no way a customer should be out of money because the product was not working correctly. That's why I chose to buy through eBay... Buyer protection. Already spoke with EBay who's told me (literally) "we have your back"

They've told me the company will have to pay for shipping (have an RMA already) and they can't charge me restocking (US Cutter has said they would waive it too)

Just not sure after today how much I trust them to refund me once I send them this plotter back. They flat out lied and didn't do what they said they would today... And the owner is well aware and hasn't so much as apologized

I think eBay is pretty brutal to sellers who mess people over assuming they are legit and care about feedback and continued business. I bought a car from a guy in Texas and when I flew down to drive it home he didn't have the title for me. In Idaho they can't do that but evidently in Texas they handle them differently. Well I was nervous the whole time waiting to get the title and he dragged his feet so I files a complaint and he all of a sudden became very friendly. I don't know what they did or said to him but it showed up overnighted about the day after. I think they went over there with clubs and threatened to break his legs or something. Ha ha! 

• Like 1