Sign in to follow this  
marduk

Graptec varying results

Hi

I have a Graphtec CE6000-120 with a 60degree cleancut blade, with the following issues:

It makes perfect testcuts and if i do a 70cm x 100cm job and starts weeding it, the beginning(or end, not sure which it is) its not problem to weed, but when i get maybe 75% into the weeding, it starts being hard to weed - its not the start/end(hangnails), but more like if its not cutting deep enough(not sure!). If i weed it slow, i can see that the vinyl just dont want to let go. I have to push it down, for it to do the last part of the job. Speed 25, same big lettersize in the whole job.

What might be wrong? Works fine if i do eg. 10cm x 10cm

Weird thing about the testcut:

1. When i go into "cond/test" to make a testcut. It has issues in the left buttom corner = bad testcut.

2. But if i go into "force" and saves it right away(makes no changes!), it moves the head a little and then i make another testcut, then its perfect(every single time). If i then make another testcut, it will do 1. again..

What might be wrong?

Speed 25?  Turn the speed down!!.until it does cut good. ....  I never run over 5-6 speed and my cutter cuts perfect..I am not going to a race.... and make sure your blade is set correctly. This is how to set the blade depth correctly. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

I don't know how your test cut works.  But I have an option to cut 3 test square/triangles, and the middle 1 is the good one. (Graphtec FC)  Blade offset is 0 zero on a Graphtec. 

Mz SKEETER

Thanks for the reply. If the machine cant handle 25, then i dont see any reason why it has it. its big letters! and it works perfectly at the first ~75% of the job. So if you have a respond to why it might be doing it, let me know :-)

My truck has 100 MPH on the speedometer also,,,  but I sure as heck wouldn't drive it at that speed.  Good luck  

My truck has 100 MPH on the speedometer also,,,  but I sure as heck wouldn't drive it at that speed.  Good luck  

while I agree on slowing the plotter down but on the truck if I could get away with it . . . . 

• Like 1

I slowed my "truck" to 6 (speedometer has up to 60) and it does the exact same thing.

Its in the end of the job. Some of the letters in the end is really big: 8cm x 10cm (3.5" x 4"). What might be the issue, since its not the speed?

Not a clue here, had around 10 graphtecs come thru here and never seen that.

What type of vinyl are you using,,?,,  And does this problem change if you use the optimize cutting order? ( Cuts everything in first section, advances to next section and on to the end.of design)  How does your cutting strip look?  No scratches, gouges etc?   Have you tried adding a little more force?  

Reading your user manual for TEST Cutting,  you do have the option of running the 3 cut TEST.. (You do not state which one you are using)   1 cut TEST or 3 Cut test.?. Chapter 2-45,,  The first test cut is -1 Force  the last text cut is +1 force.   The middle is what you programed your force to be.  You lift off the vinyl and see which is the best cut, with out cutting into your vinyl backing.  Should just barely be a mark. I use the 3 cut test.

I only run my cutter from my Graphtec Cutting Controller on Condition 9, right from my computer.  I don't make changes of force, speed on my cutter.

I have no idea what the difference is with NORMAL MODE and SIMPLE MODE, on that cutter.  My cutter does not have that( FC)

Thanks a lot for helping.

With no luck i have tryed: "Optimize cutting order: Restrict Media Movement" with 2 more in force.

Vinyl: Oracal 631

Cutting strip: http://i.cubeupload.com/ZB4JDt.jpg worn, no gouges. 

TEST cutting: Its just as weird as what i wrote in #1.

I did the Force test and none of them worked - the left button corner wouldnt let go.

I did the Offset test where they all would let go of the left button corner...

You do not state what cutting software you are using,  Optimize cutting order is in cutting software..Some have it as a feature, some don't. .. You are also in Denmark,  (found another post)  and there are different Graphtec cutters made for different regions.  I know the cutters in Graphtec America service area are different...That is the user manual that I am reading.

Lastly have you done a factory reset?  Hold UP arrow while turning on power?    I have nothing more to add.  Contact Graphtec tech support.

Illustrator is not cutting software.   It is design software.  What cutting software are you using?  You use Illustrator with Graphtec Cutting master 2 or 3.  Cutting Master would be your cutting software.

Try a different cutting software...and see if it's the software,,,  Vinyl Master has a free trial....Signblazer is FREE  and  Signcut has a free trial.    Try the factory reset first.    Your welcome...

My version of 'CuttingMaster', makes all kind of weird cuts, and doesn't cut some parts at all. Messed up three large wall graphics, haven't used it since. Try a different cutting program. 

Did some 120cm wide testcut and the blade is making way more visible in the beginning of the cut(right) and when you get to the end(left) its making less of a mark in the backing.
Force 6 - if i use 5, it will have issues to weed.

Hard to get a decent image. This was the best i could get. Light has to hit right, to see the cut in the backing:
http://i.cubeupload.com/WWUC6K.jpg

@knucklehead

thanks for the info.

I wonder if your cutting strip in not in completely flat? Is it always over on one side where you are having issues?

Your force seems pretty low,   , like you have too much blade exposed,,so you can't use much force or it will cut thru the backing.  We have 2 CE5000-60 and force is around 9-10.for regular sign vinyl..(Using regular Graphtec blades).You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. You should be cutting with the very tip of the blade and it doesn't take much blade to do that. Regular vinyl is only 3 mil and less.   It is less blade, more force.   Also make sure that you haven't broken the blade tip off. Maybe even try a new blade. 

I gave you the instructions above  2nd post, how to set the blade correctly. 

Can you show a photo of the blade tip sticking out of the blade holder? 

I see you are using a Clean Cut blade, that could be the reason your force is lower..  I am out ideas. 

I wonder if your cutting strip in not in completely flat? Is it always over on one side where you are having issues?

Seems like completely flat. Its always on the left side(end of the job). But it works with the 45degree blade. Look in my comment below:

Your force seems pretty low,   , like you have too much blade exposed,,so you can't use much force or it will cut thru the backing.  We have 2 CE5000-60 and force is around 9-10.for regular sign vinyl..(Using regular Graphtec blades).You should just barely see and feel the blade tip out of the blade holder. You should be cutting with the very tip of the blade and it doesn't take much blade to do that. Regular vinyl is only 3 mil and less.   It is less blade, more force.   Also make sure that you haven't broken the blade tip off. Maybe even try a new blade. 

I gave you the instructions above  2nd post, how to set the blade correctly. 

Can you show a photo of the blade tip sticking out of the blade holder? 

I see you are using a Clean Cut blade, that could be the reason your force is lower..  I am out ideas. 

I wrote with "Clean Cut blade" and they say force should be around 10 or 11 with there blades. (there website: Use 30-50% less downforce).

Basicly all of my testing have been with 60degree cc blade. I tryed with a 45degree original graphtec blade, which didnt have problem with the end(left side) of the job. It still have issues with the testcut tho - it makes the blade-direction-change(looks like a "J" cut), then it cuts a good testcut, then the next testcut is bad. As if it doesnt remember the angle of last cut?

45degree original blade settings:

Force: 12

Speed: 6

60degree Clean cut blade settings:

Force: 10

Speed: 6

Image with both blade tips sticking out of the bladeholder:

http://i.cubeupload.com/Py0oUC.jpg

To me, that looks like a lot of blade sticking out. I cant even see mine and it cuts fine.

To me, that looks like a lot of blade sticking out. I cant even see mine and it cuts fine.

For both of them? one of them works fine, where the other dont. I also tryed with even less blade, where if i pulled the blade a little back, then the test-cut would be incomplete.

Try less blade, more pressure.

Can that do what im seeing: job starts out good and ends bad?

Can't hurt to try. Set the blade the way ms skeeter said, and play with the pressure.

If the blade is set right, you can't cut through the backing with more pressure, but it will cut the vinyl.

• Like 1