Sign in to follow this  
dirtrocker

Anyone do any large format printing?

I aquired an HP 4000PS Designjet and it's huge.

I ended up with a ton of inks, papers and stuff and not sure I really want to mess with it.

So anyone know anything about these and what a person should ask for it with inks and stuff?

Not sure about the printer, but hello from eastern Oregon :P Was at Newport last week.

That's a dye based printer.  Just the printer alone can be found refurbished out there from $1k-$2k.  Not sure why the spread is so large.  A new ink cartridge can run around $90 and the machine probably has 4, cmyk.  It is hard to say on the paper without knowing what kind and if they are new rolls.

I think to sell it you need to plug it up and demonstrate it works.  If you sold locally, maybe you could offer prospects the opportunity to come in and test it, if you think they are trustworthy.  Shipping it is a real pain and I would guess it might be $200-$300 bucks to ship.  Packaging it so that it won't be damaged and removing all the inks so they won't leak would be critical.

Or...maybe HP will take it as a trade-in on a new machine.

They were offering just that last year on my HP5500 wide format.

Sue2

I might have to check with HP.

The problem is, it's way bigger than anything I want to do.
Not even sure what to do with it.

I might put it on Craigslist and see if someone in the area might want to mess with it.