Kelleysbiz

Application Tape Roller Question?

Can I use a manual cold roll laminator applicator for vinyl application tape roller? Im having trouble putting app tape on my designs without another persons help & thought this might work for it. Thanks in advance for all the advice.

LOL  That is exactly where I was going to tell you to go... I have both the 24" and the 30"     I can mask up to 16 ft no problem. on a  8ft table. That is the longest order I have ever had.. it was 28" W x 16ft.L It was a challenge.  But I do all of my decals by myself. 

I have had mine since 2006,  love it..  Got the same for my kid's businesses. 

I have the full use of my table, as there is nothing clamped down on it...When done, I just put it under my table, out of the way.

It seems expensive, but well worth it . My 2c,  I would be lost without them. 

• Like 2

Isnt this a cold laminater? If so why in the world are these so expensive & Im seeing others like it for under $125?   

Isnt this a cold laminater? If so why in the world are these so expensive & Im seeing others like it for under $125?   

Ask yourself how much your time and effort are worth? How much monetary value is your vinyl worth? How much time does it take to cut and weed your vinyl creations? Then do some inventory on your transfer tape usage and note how much you waste doing it manually (taking into account the misapplied sessions, squeegee time to remove air bubbles and even bubble popping and air releasing effort). Then you "should" come to realize the answer to your question. You may be able to find a more inexpensive brand of tape applicator but check the reviews from users. They're worth more than anything.

These tape applicators are perceived as an expensive initial investment but your return on this investment pays for itself over and over again for the whole time you're in business. Getting perfect tape application manually is doable, but it takes way more time to do it in several steps (and the chance of screwing up a job increases at each step in the progression). This product frees you to do more designing, more cutting, more selling rather than repeating a job because of an easy to make mistake (comes out of your profits).

To me, the benefit of using this product is obvious. Save your pennies if you must (take back some bottles if you have to) but don't skimp out on buying one of these tape applicators. It's like cheaping out buying inexpensive toilet paper...you'll pay for it in the end!

• Like 1

That is amazing... Not sure why I have not been using one of these!

• Like 1

I use a WeberMade app tape holder and a 26" Big Squeegee. Works like a charm. 6' table, but have done 24" x 10'+ decals with no problems. It's like having an extra set of hands.

• Like 1

I agree one of those is an idea solution.  Cost is just the cost.  My problem is room.  I have to reconfigure the room for certain jobs, folding tables, chairs, moving stuff.  The floor becomes prime real estate.  So I just get a helper, or use a Big Squeegee.  http://www.bigsqueegee.com/

• Like 1

I agree one of those is an idea solution.  Cost is just the cost.  My problem is room.  I have to reconfigure the room for certain jobs, folding tables, chairs, moving stuff.  The floor becomes prime real estate.  So I just get a helper, or use a Big Squeegee.  http://www.bigsqueegee.com/

COOL! I'm going to dig out my 36" Garant snow shovel and make some modifications.

post-96816-0-58944000-1459542632_thumb.j

• Like 1

I know what you mean about the floor Ive even went so far as to make a jig on the floor to get the tape on as good as I could. I dont know if I should maybe go up to the 36" tape so I have plenty of room or not. Im putting 24" tape on a 24" design & it gets kinda hard getting it "just right" ya know? The floor is getting kinda old & having to have a second person is also though. I think I made a good choice with the Mask Rite. Cant wait for it to get here, Im so excited,I have a 10' design to put on a semi truck!

Like I mentioned above  I have the 30" Mask-rite and I use 30" paper tape..The widest I cut is 28", which leaves plenty of room on the sides, to not run off the designs and you can have a very long length to it... I use a  30" x  8ft  straight table..