Bastus1986

Titan 3 54" grit roller issue

Some day I hope they will add the little emoticon with a bag of popcorn. This is an interesting post I find myself watching the drama unfold. 

I know right..... :huh:post-88251-0-20532900-1459788802_thumb.g

• Like 1

This looks like a manufacturing error.  Please contact USCutter and we'll provide a full refund. (And humble apology.)

Very sorry about this. 

Is it only this 1 cutter, or are the rest of the Titan 3 53" like this now? Other people are wanting to buy them.  As he likes the cutter,other than the grit rollers,why not send him the correct one then.?

Is it only this 1 cutter, or are the rest of the Titan 3 53" like this now? Other people are wanting to buy them.  As he likes the cutter,other than the grit rollers,why not send him the correct one then.?

They will once he does what is needed, all he has to do is send a email that i provided to him already from uscutter tech support...its up to him now.....

Ok, made some calls, talked to some people and here is what I have found out.

When I called asked about all of this I was told this was a special model that wasn't supposed to be in there regular inventory, I told then I understood and I would accept a proper replacement. They started the RMA process and said they would ship me a 7 grit roller titan and told me they would pick it up today. I packed it up my titan, loaded it in my truck, took it to work and told or shipping guy about the situation..... It's 4:15 and no one has picked it up. UPS and FEDEX have both been here but no one had a pickup scheduled. I get off work and call USCutter. I find out that this IS the new production model and that all their titan 3 53" cutters are made with only 5 grit rollers now meaning you cannot cut anything under 15" width. I am returning my titan for a full refund (they are covering all shipping charges).

I'm a little pissed so I called CutterPros and asked about the ARMS 53" SAGA,(this is the same cutter as the Titan 3 made by the same manufacturers) I talked to a very nice lady named Jennifer. I asked how many grit rollers the SAGA had and she said the display model on their floor has 7. I explained the issue with the Titan and she said she would check her newest stock to see if their new SAGAs reflected the changes in roller configuration. They pulled a brand new one out of the warehouse and it has 7 rollers!! So as of right now the SAGA still has the old configuration but it cost $2018!!! This sucks! I can't afford a $2000 machine and I need to cut 48" vinyl but also need a machine that can cut small width so as not waste all of this scrap! Any suggestions

I am surprised you need the 48" width to tell the truth. I started out with a 48 budget model and after a couple years realized 30" was plenty so when I bought my nice cutter that's what I went for. I can see if you were printing large graphics then that might be different but I wouldn't be buying a Chinese made machine if I were doing anything wide or long. 

I have to agree on the 30"  I have never needed larger...  Started with a 30" Seiki,  but tracking issues drove me to a 30" Graphtec. 

Ok, made some calls, talked to some people and here is what I have found out. When I called asked about all of this I was told this was a special model that wasn't supposed to be in there regular inventory, I told then I understood and I would accept a proper replacement. They started the RMA process and said they would ship me a 7 grit roller titan and told me they would pick it up today. I packed it up my titan, loaded it in my truck, took it to work and told or shipping guy about the situation..... It's 4:15 and no one has picked it up. UPS and FEDEX have both been here but no one had a pickup scheduled. I get off work and call USCutter. I find out that this IS the new production model and that all their titan 3 53" cutters are made with only 5 grit rollers now meaning you cannot cut anything under 15" width. I am returning my titan for a full refund (they are covering all shipping charges). I'm a little pissed so I called CutterPros and asked about the ARMS 53" SAGA,(this is the same cutter as the Titan 3 made by the same manufacturers) I talked to a very nice lady named Jennifer. I asked how many grit rollers the SAGA had and she said the display model on their floor has 7. I explained the issue with the Titan and she said she would check her newest stock to see if their new SAGAs reflected the changes in roller configuration. They pulled a brand new one out of the warehouse and it has 7 rollers!! So as of right now the SAGA still has the old configuration but it cost $2018!!! This sucks! I can't afford a $2000 machine and I need to cut 48" vinyl but also need a machine that can cut small width so as not waste all of this scrap! Any suggestions

This is horrible, sometimes on very long runs you need to push a wheel closer on that end to improve tracking.. if they made changes to this model I wonder if the smaller models also contain undocumented changes.

I may have to rethink my next purchase. 

Just bought a Saga 54" off eBay for $1254 ($1100 +$154 shipping). I believe the one I am getting is the one the Titan 2 is based on. This cutter still has all 7 grit rollers!