Bastus1986

Titan 3 54" grit roller issue

Hello, I bought a Titan 3 54" last week, pretty cool machine. I am confused about the grit roller layout? In the picture on the website it shows the 54'' Titan 3 with 7 grit rollers (2 spaced closely at the beginning for smaller material) and 5 others across the rest of the deck. The one i received has 5 grit rollers spaced 15'' apart. This is one of the reasons I bought it, i have a large amount of 12" material on hand and i cant use it because the grit rollers are spaced 15'' apart? Did they change the design? does anyone have a titan 3 54'' with 7 grit rollers? I will include pictures below, the first 2 are of my Titan 3 and the third is from the website. What do you think i should do? PS. Im sure I have the Titan 3 not the Titan 2 or the original Titan, you can clearly see the vacuum holes in my picture and only the Titan 3 has a vacuum.post-98012-0-60391000-1459404306_thumb.jpost-98012-0-64733000-1459404315_thumb.jpost-98012-0-04925400-1459404319_thumb.j post-98012-0-13012500-1459548845_thumb.jHere is the shot of all of the Titan 3 cutterspost-98012-0-29185900-1459548854_thumb.jThis guy has a 28" not a 54

That's messed-up.

Frikkin' Chinese are idiots sometimes.

Of course, those first two spots are essential, for holding scraps and narrow widths of material.

By the way, thanks for pointing this out, because I was about to order a 54" Titan but I absolutely cannot function with that configuration.

USCUTTER has some serious explaining to do on this!!!

• Like 2

Gosh even the one in the pic you liked would not be great because you either have 12" or what..3"? My Summa has about 7" wide full use area at the start that is for aired width of small stuff and then a series of spots every 6 inches across the deck so you can cut any increment you can think of. My old P-Cut (bless it's heart) has several weird layouts along it so you could figure out a way to cut just about anything you needed to also. It was a 48" machine. Seems like there may have been an odd size here and there that was a little hard to utilize but nothing like your showing us. That's ridiculous. 

That's messed-up.

Frikkin' Chinese are idiots sometimes.

Of course, those first two spots are essential, for holding scraps and narrow widths of material.

By the way, thanks for pointing this out, because I was about to order a 54" Titan but I absolutely cannot function with that configuration.

USCUTTER has some serious explaining to do on this!!!

Forget to take your meds today?  LOL

The pictures are of a 68" Titan, I am assuming...

From the "Specifications" of the Titan 3 on the UScutter Website

http://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-3-Vinyl-Cutter-ARMS-28-53-68-inch

Number of Pinch Rollers (3) on 15" Titans & 28" Titan, (4) on 28" Titan 2, 3 & 53" Titan, (5) on 53" Titan 2 & 3, (6) on 68" Titans

It does show 7 pinch rollers on the machine pictured though, but it says 6 in the specs, weird...LOL

I would assume that the pinch rollers were just the drop down actual rollers not the grit spots along the rail. In that there are 4 shown. so none of it jives. 

If you check out the youtube.com video  of the Titan 3  54" by a forum member here, posted last month,,  It is just like yours. He is giving a review on it.  All you have to do is enter Titan 3 vinyl cutter,    He is kustom  signz 719  posted 1 month ago.

If you would go to Cutterpros, which also sells the Saga (same as Titan).  They show a picture of the 54" cutter alone,  and it has 5 pinch rollers.   It is the light blue one.. 

Something I have always noticed about the specs on these TITAN  (SAGA) cutters...They always post the max width that it could cut.,  but never post the minimum width that it could cut.   Most all other vinyl cutter companies post both.   Like 2"-29.5"   etc.  

• Like 1

Someone (Product design team) didn't think that through. 

Hopefully you don't have a long narrow job to do anything soon.  LOL

if they are closer on the left, If it were my cutter,,, i would take the top plate off and spin it around and presto, right side is now like the picture on the bottom..someone might have just put it on backwards and placed the alignment stickers to match to try and cover it up till now,,,Simple fix really as long as the roller under the plate goes all the way across...

if they are closer on the left, If it were my cutter,,, i would take the top plate off and spin it around and presto, right side is now like the picture on the bottom..someone might have just put it on backwards and placed the alignment stickers to match to try and cover it up till now,,,Simple fix really as long as the roller under the plate goes all the way across...

how would you turn the knurled sections of the roller around to match the cover you just turned ??   :wacko:

how would you turn the knurled sections of the roller around to match the cover you just turned ??   :wacko:

i had to look at mine when i got home ..Not possible to do. i think they put the whole dang thing on backwards possibly. if mine was flipped it would look like his..thanks got pointing it out lol. unlessssss you flip everything around lol... not worth it. they owe him a new cutter..

I don't know if they "Owe" him anything but I totally agree there is some confusion and that is a big black mark on the Titan. Hopefully they will treat him right, they always have me. 

Just a crying shame that they try to come out with a better budget cutter yet blow something so fundamental as this. I'd be PISSED OFF is all I can say. 

• Like 1

Hello, I bought a Titan 3 54" last week, pretty cool machine. I am confused about the grit roller layout? In the picture on the website it shows the 54'' Titan 3 with 7 grit rollers (2 spaced closely at the beginning for smaller material) and 5 others across the rest of the deck. The one i received has 5 grit rollers spaced 15'' apart. This is one of the reasons I bought it, i have a large amount of 12" material on hand and i cant use it because the grit rollers are spaced 15'' apart? Did they change the design? does anyone have a titan 3 54'' with 7 grit rollers? I will include pictures below, the first 2 are of my Titan 3 and the third is from the website. What do you think i should do? PS. Im sure I have the Titan 3 not the Titan 2 or the original Titan, you can clearly see the vacuum holes in my picture and only the Titan 3 has a vacuum.

talking to uscutter and sent the image of his and his mouth dropped.. He said WTF? going to call me tomorrow about the problem..wants me to send you his email for you to contact him.Im sending it in a pm..He needs your info but from what he says ,it looks like a major screw up somewhere ,and will be fixed....

• Like 1

I recognized the spacing last year and brought up the question to this guy, who was doing a review on the smaller unit...and he never replied back.about the pinch roller spacing.... According to his youtube video,  He is( kustom singz 719),, he has sold the smaller cutter  and bought the 54" Titan 3.which I referenced above. 

Wildgoose also noticed the pinch roller spacing on the 2 far right pinch rollers  back then.  June 2015...

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/49224-video-review-of-the-titan-3-vinyl-cutter-yes-now-you-can-see-a-review/?hl=%2Breview+%2Btitan

• Like 1

Forget to take your meds today?  LOL

The pictures are of a 68" Titan, I am assuming...

From the "Specifications" of the Titan 3 on the UScutter Website

http://www.uscutter.com/TITAN-3-Vinyl-Cutter-ARMS-28-53-68-inch

Number of Pinch Rollers (3) on 15" Titans & 28" Titan, (4) on 28" Titan 2, 3 & 53" Titan, (5) on 53" Titan 2 & 3, (6) on 68" Titans

It does show 7 pinch rollers on the machine pictured though, but it says 6 in the specs, weird...LOL

This is a pic of the 54" I added a picture of the full series of Titans below and you can clearly see the 7 pinch rollers on the 54"post-98012-0-47731000-1459549197_thumb.j

talking to uscutter and sent the image of his and his mouth dropped.. He said WTF? going to call me tomorrow about the problem..wants me to send you his email for you to contact him.Im sending it in a pm..He needs your info but from what he says ,it looks like a major screw up somewhere ,and will be fixed....

that would be great! bcarroll03@gmail.com

are the rollers on the left side closer together than the right side are with less space ?  

Nope, even spacing between all rollers, roughly 15"

I would assume that the pinch rollers were just the drop down actual rollers not the grit spots along the rail. In that there are 4 shown. so none of it jives. 

only 5 grit rollers, those white marks represent grit roller locations

If you check out the youtube.com video  of the Titan 3  54" by a forum member here, posted last month,,  It is just like yours. He is giving a review on it.  All you have to do is enter Titan 3 vinyl cutter,    He is kustom  signz 719  posted 1 month ago.

If you would go to Cutterpros, which also sells the Saga (same as Titan).  They show a picture of the 54" cutter alone,  and it has 5 pinch rollers.   It is the light blue one.. 

Something I have always noticed about the specs on these TITAN  (SAGA) cutters...They always post the max width that it could cut.,  but never post the minimum width that it could cut.   Most all other vinyl cutter companies post both.   Like 2"-29.5"   etc.  

just watched the video. HIS HAS 7 GRIT ROLLERS!! YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO PRETTY CLOSE BUT THERE ARE 7, WTF? mine only has 5? post-98012-0-84793100-1459550462_thumb.jpost-98012-0-17296800-1459550665_thumb.j

ok I see the 2 far right ones when he used the arrows to move the carriage..  He sold his 28"  and got the 53" 

only 5 grit rollers, those white marks represent grit roller locations

Any word from USCutter on this ? 

I plan on picking up another Titan soon but not if they are shipping this as the new version.

Any word from USCutter on this ? 

I plan on picking up another Titan soon but not if they are shipping this as the new version.

I sent a link to John@uscutter (john williams)  so he can respond if he wants

• Like 1

that would be great! bcarroll03@gmail.com

Check your message box, i sent the email of the uscutter rep to it, you need to respond to him not me..

Some day I hope they will add the little emoticon with a bag of popcorn. This is an interesting post I find myself watching the drama unfold. 

• Like 1