joker

well my wife and I made it

A lady came in the store about late january  asking about shirts for her church and stated she wanted to support local business and not got to a big online company. Then February another lady came back and asked if were were up to the challenge and we stated yes. then they provided us with what they wanted on the shirt and how many shirts and all the sizes they needed and she provided us with half of the amount down and we ordered what we needed. The total order was for 189 tshirts. We did these tshirts with all heat transfer vinyl.. Yes i know i should have had them printed but for what i looked at it was a little more expensive. She gave us until june to do these. Well me and my wife did these in 10 days...  189 t shirts with front image and a sleeve logo. 

By the way a hat press works great fro pressing sleeves

post-35399-0-05086100-1459378152_thumb.j

• Like 11

looks great - probably would have been cheaper in materials and definitely labor to order plastisol transfers on the next order.  thinking you would have had them done in 2 days with the transfers and been durable and looked great - but they look great anyways

• Like 1

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: Word of advice though. Don't call her with the finished order for another week to ten days+. She might think that there is not too much to make them and she might ask for a cheaper price and give you much less time to make them next time. I had a customer hit me with a 40 shirt order with only 5 days to make them, 3 color front and back with logos on both sleeves(HTV). I didn't mind loosing to a screen printing outfit.

• Like 1

I looked at plastisol transfers and it seemed high to have them made per sheet. Maybe i was not looking at it right  but will look at it some more. I had sizes from 3T to 5X to do. Not sure the best place and cheapest to have transfers made. 

I looked at plastisol transfers and it seemed high to have them made per sheet. Maybe i was not looking at it right  but will look at it some more. I had sizes from 3T to 5X to do. Not sure the best place and cheapest to have transfers made. 

One sheet can sometimes hold two even three transfers on them.  If you design to maximize the sheet area, you can crowd a bunch of stuff.  That is a large design, so I guess it would depend ont the sheet size.  Maybe order the sleeve part next time as you can crowd a ton of those on a sheet.

• Like 1

looks great - probably would have been cheaper in materials and definitely labor to order plastisol transfers on the next order.  thinking you would have had them done in 2 days with the transfers and been durable and looked great - but they look great anyways

Scott is correct. Plastisol transfers are the way to go for single colors You could have purchased 200 transfers for $52 plus shipping from FM Expressions. I use their athletic formula and they are great. Maybe next time  ;)

• Like 1

Scott is correct. Plastisol transfers are the way to go for single colors You could have purchased 200 transfers for $52 plus shipping from FM Expressions. I use their athletic formula and they are great. Maybe next time  ;)

I don't see how you get that price....am I missing something?

Sue2

I don't see how you get that price....am I missing something?

Sue2

They have a 15 cent program for one-color transfers. There's a $22 set up fee.   Fifteen cents x 200 = $30  +  $22  =  $52

They have a 15 cent program for one-color transfers. There's a $22 set up fee.   Fifteen cents x 200 = $30  +  $22  =  $52

Oh, thank you...I didn't see that tiny type there.

Not a bad deal for large quantities.

But, I imagine the smaller sizes would be another set-up fee.

Sue2

In general how well do the plastisol transfers hold up as compared to regular screen print? How about as compared to vinyl? I have one of my big money accounts who buy hundreds of shirts at a time and I just do them with vinyl. I don't know if they will even consider something like this because they didn't like the screen print work they used to get before coming my way but it at least gives me an affordable option for them if they are trying to save some bucks. Is there an estimated wash cycles that these things are rated for or anything? 

• Like 1

Goose, they do offer a sample pack & catalog to try before you buy.

Sue2

• Like 2

Missed that. Thanks Sue! I just asked for one. I still would like some user reviews if anyone has input. This is totally hi-jacking, sorry Joker! 

In general how well do the plastisol transfers hold up as compared to regular screen print? How about as compared to vinyl? I have one of my big money accounts who buy hundreds of shirts at a time and I just do them with vinyl. I don't know if they will even consider something like this because they didn't like the screen print work they used to get before coming my way but it at least gives me an affordable option for them if they are trying to save some bucks. Is there an estimated wash cycles that these things are rated for or anything? 

I have a shirt about 7 years old still looks great from my first plastisol transfer order

• Like 1

With such a larger swing in sizes I would think the quantity discount would reset as you have to move up in sizes.    

You go from a great price when all in one size to 3-4 different sizes with quantities of 20-30.   

Since I'm alittle on the OCD side I wouldn't want to mix plastisol and HTV on the same order.  

thank you all for the replies on plastisol transfers. Yes i did look at that and was just a tad bit confused on how it worked so i will be contacting a couiple different companies and see what comes up. This was the biggest order i have had and it took alot of work. 

No problem Wildgoose..lol

Im trying to grow and i have ordered som transfers from proworld to make some shirts to hang in my store.

A lady came in the store about late january  asking about shirts for her church and stated she wanted to support local business and not got to a big online company. Then February another lady came back and asked if were were up to the challenge and we stated yes. then they provided us with what they wanted on the shirt and how many shirts and all the sizes they needed and she provided us with half of the amount down and we ordered what we needed. The total order was for 189 tshirts. We did these tshirts with all heat transfer vinyl.. Yes i know i should have had them printed but for what i looked at it was a little more expensive. She gave us until june to do these. Well me and my wife did these in 10 days...  189 t shirts with front image and a sleeve logo. 

By the way a hat press works great fro pressing sleeves

I screen printing 128 shirts in a few hours this week.

Next time let me know and I could make transfers for you 

www.seejaysplace.com

• Like 1

no with F&M that would of been $104 + shipping cuz you have to also pay for the sleeve logo and setup fee. and you cant gang up images with the $.15 transfers. that would of too be about 1 1/2 hrs to do and I would of made plastisol transfers with the sleeve logo then pressed them on. but If I would of used waterbase would of been 3hrs total. they look nice 

• Like 1