Sign in to follow this  
blacklabelgraphix

Transfer Carrier Sheet???

I'm getting ready to start printing on heat transfer paper and will be contour cutting them. What carrier sheet is everybody using? I found a pack of (2) 13"x19" for $55. That seems kind of steep in price depending on if they don't last long. What's everybody's thoughts?

Walmart has them for their Cricut vinyl cutter. Called  Carrier sheets. Or Cricut Cutting Mat.  Different sizes,   You can check online. 

You can use almost anything for a carrier sheet, I use report covers, I just spray them with a low tack repositionable spray glue. You could even use poster board from the dollar store. 

• Like 3

Walmart has them for their Cricut vinyl cutter. Called  Carrier sheets. Or Cricut Cutting Mat.  Different sizes,   You can check online. 

Looks like Walmart don't have bigger sizes. Unless I overlooked it. I'll mostly be using 11x17 transfer papers.

You can use almost anything for a carrier sheet, I use report covers, I just spray them with a low tack repositionable spray glue. You could even use poster board from the dollar store. 

I thought about poster board but didn't know how good that would work. I'll have to look around to see where I can get some cheap low tack repositionable spray glue.

I have used clear app tape and also used left over carrier from Siser Easyweed which probably worked the best you just have to cover the edges where your pinch rollers go so you don't gum them up. 

• Like 1

I use acetate sheets that I cut to 15 x 25, spray them with some repositionable spray.  

• Like 1

You can use old dinner table placemats too. Even some thin plastic roll up cutting boards (camping style) will work. It should be fairly rigid but not too rigid. The spray glue is the most important part. Low tack is best.

Here are a whole bunch from Aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=AS_20160330185520&SearchText=cutting+mat+plotter

Shipping cost and wait times are the killer part (14-25 days wait).

I'm a cheapskate - I bought a roll of 24" wide white butchers paper and an Elmer's temporary glue stick...

I'm a cheapskate - I bought a roll of 24" wide white butchers paper and an Elmer's temporary glue stick...

You know, you're probably on to something there. Like why can't one use parchment paper or wax paper (are they the same thing? ) wrapped around something stiffer like thin cardboard? Then spray the parchment paper with repositioning glue? Hmmmm, I might just try this...

You know, you're probably on to something there. Like why can't one use parchment paper or wax paper (are they the same thing? ) wrapped around something stiffer like thin cardboard? Then spray the parchment paper with repositioning glue? Hmmmm, I might just try this...

Parchment paper is silicon based, you will have better luck with the butcher paper or freezer paper.

• Like 1

I have used poster board, clear carrier sheets and even vinyl backing it all works. Glue is the key, and if your afraid of the glue gumming up your rollers just spray the heat transfer paper lightly instead of the poster board or what not that your using.

I got a 2 pack at Hobby Lobby a while back and used the 40% coupon you can print from online. They work great.