I recently purchased vinylmaster LTR.  I am a clueless newbie!  :)  

Is there a way to upload fonts from online?  Or maybe fonts that I already have on my computer? 

• Like 1

So when you go to write text,  go to the TEXT and see what is available in fonts.  Some programs come with built in fonts, Some programs just use the fonts that are on your computer,  New fonts can be added to your computer Font folder.

You have a very useful HELP at the top of your Vinyl Master layout screen with Help Topics,Tutorials, and Support. Take time to learn your software. 

so back on this subject with another newb. I went to the link dafont and dn loaded a few. how do I get these to vinyl master cut program for me to use

look in your vinyl master  user manual under FONTS manager.. It explains how to install  in VM. for each version of Windows.   I just looked it up. 

thanx

I looked at that b4 I posted. and they didn't show up. I closed vm then re opened it and al was good

I def learned tonight that some fonts are just not meant to be cut from vinyl........ no lol

and just think, earlier today I thought it was a sweet, nice old lady wanted this. I didn't know she was sent from the devil. lol

• Like 2

Guest Shon

I purchased vinyl master ltr today and there are no fonts in the drop down font box

Guest Andrew

Hi just got vinyl master xpt and I can open the fonts when I try to nothing happens it just has $0000000 that in the font box I have paid for the full licence so don't know what's going on can any 1 help 

I would use the link provided previously by the VinylMaster support guys. Probably a simple fix. 

On 5/18/2016 at 1:49 PM, cardudenc said:

so back on this subject with another newb. I went to the link dafont and dn loaded a few. how do I get these to vinyl master cut program for me to use

excuse  me ? lol Vm? haha

Guest fonts to point size

Is there a way to get VinylMaster Pro to display fonts size in points instead of decimals? If not, is there a site that could covert say 72 pt to what I need. 72 pt is just an example.

5 minutes ago, Guest fonts to point size said:

Is there a way to get VinylMaster Pro to display fonts size in points instead of decimals? If not, is there a site that could covert say 72 pt to what I need. 72 pt is just an example.

Hey - You might want to take the time to register for this forum. It's free, and your inquiries will post immediately.

In answer to your questions ... https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/length/points-to-inches.php

• Like 1

If you are trying to get text at a specific size I make a rectangle the height I want my text and then set my text on too of that the figure out how many points it needs to be. Fonts can be very different depending on how they were made and 100pt in one font does not end up the same in others. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Wildgoose said:

If you are trying to get text at a specific size I make a rectangle the height I want my text and then set my text on too of that the figure out how many points it needs to be. Fonts can be very different depending on how they were made and 100pt in one font does not end up the same in others. 

Perfect example would  be install the raleway font and type 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0. At the same size, it is real messed up.

I have to use this font for an ongoing job and it drives me nuts!

• Haha 1

Does that work with raleway? It uses oldstyle numerals which are supposed to be different sizes. If you resize them to be the same size won't it make their thickness different?

raleway.png.d2030499081970e4bd21bb58246a14b5.png

13 minutes ago, jmas said:

Does that work with raleway? It uses oldstyle numerals which are supposed to be different sizes. If you resize them to be the same size won't it make their thickness different?

raleway.png.d2030499081970e4bd21bb58246a14b5.png

Ok, BESIDES totally goofy fonts like that it works fine. Leave it to you bozo's to make fun of the moderators. LOL

I do a LOT of sports jerseys and they have specific specs on minimum number heights etc so I use this method to be sure I get them right. In fact I usually slightly oversize them to account for shrinkage in case they get checked at the event. You would be surprised how technical some of the tournaments get and if you get a coach who really knows his stuff I have seen teams get disqualified for out of tolerance jerseys and forfeit a game.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.