Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

CE-6000 Missing Rear Reg Mark Consistently?

I bought a new laptop. and it's running Windows 8. I installed the drivers as done previously on my other laptop, ad for some reason the cutter scans the first reg mark, and misses the second rear reg mark consistently giving me a reg error. The media I'm using is the same as when it was cutting fine.

There are no variables that have changed other than the laptop, and operating system I'm using. The system was previously working fine.

I'm going through some vinyl with testing, and was hoping to be pointed in the right direction.  Keep in mind the system as of two days ago was fine, and worked correctly. This is what makes the issue so hard to identify.

Thank you, for all your support.

Vince

This machine is acting really strange. I keep getting random errors, but the majority of them are E024's . Sometimes it scans all 3 marks, and gets to the 4th one, and has an error. I called their support, and left a message. I have a feeling I'll have to call them again. I tried different media, and the same thing. I moved the pinch rollers, and no change.

The software I'm sure has nothing to do with this.

This is really strange. Has anyone ever experienced something like this? The thing that makes me think its the machine is I keep getting errors of various kinds. The only thing that's consistent is the mark sensor error of all sorts. I adjusted sensor sensitivity, and that didn't work.

Anybody ever talk to Graphtec on the phone? This is my second attempt to get with them, and I haven't heard back from them the first time with email.

And you can't go back to using the computer, you were using before?  Gosh, I stay back on XP, as it is very stable,,with an XP back up.  I don't even want to move forward with another windows program,  Been using XP with my Graphtec since 2008. no need for newer windows. ...Computer is dedicated to my cutter.

I run two businesses with my system. Honestly XP isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore, and was buggy when it was. I was in need of a new system , so I got one. The system is smooth as glass, and runs VM Pro flawlessly.

The software I feel has been eliminated as a variable. I tried different media, and still are getting inconsistent missing scans on the second, and fourth.

I'm 95% convinced its a hardware issue. If it can scan all marks, but the last one then generate a failure leads me to believe something's a miss.

What sucks is I had jobs to do, and the unit's 2 months old not to mention worked fine 3 days ago.

I hate having to refund people when you really don't even know what's the issue. I called Graphtec again, and get the loyal phone recording. I even tried the sales line, and no pickup.

Pretty amazing.

How's Graphtec on their warranties?

I don't need it supported by Microsoft,  it runs my vinyl cutter, that is it's purpose..and has been since 2008.  No problems here needing updates,,  It doesn't even need to be online...

8 years never had a problem with my Graphtec cutter,  So never needed warranty work...and I cut almost everyday. 

I have other computers, 3 Toshiba  Windows 7, 1 Toshiba Vista, and 3 Toshiba XP,  but I still cut with my 2006 Toshiba Laptop XP LOL  

• Like 1

gotta agree with skeeter that XP was the most stable platform for many many years and the reason so many businesses stayed with it for so long even thru the time of windows 7 which I liked the pro version of - but that is why I have a versacamm too - I like things to do what they are supposed to do when I go to use them - I keep the graphtec around for cut graphics and use the roland print and cut for that part of the business - that along with the sawgrass ink in the ricoh makes business pretty solid.  no cheaping out and no corners cut means less headaches.  
I've reached an age where any drama - equipment related or not - is not worth the hassle  

The only times I had issues with contour cutting was when I had the wrong setting, HPGL vs GPGL, or didn't have the registration marks printed as the maximum thickness.

Ya, check that language... causes all kinds of issues.

Off topic sort of, but yes, XP is widely known as the most stable and we'll loved modern OS. As a matter of fact, even tho it is not supported by MS any longer, my metal fab shop is upgrading some plasma tables and hypertherm (industry leader in plasma cutting) is still using XP in the base OS for the main controller on the machines we have viewed. My first PC build was right when XP debuted. Fun times.

• Like 1

XP develops more issues when trying to run modern hardware. I manufacture Gecko CNC controllers, {eDealers Direct On Ebay) and I can tell you the operating system is very limited unless as stated before you allocate an entire machine just to the system to eliminate any potential issues with hardware conflict. There's simply better solutions especially if you want better backup performance. If your using it, and happy than that's all that matters.

I reinstalled the software, and everything was left stock. The unit won't scan regular paper, or media. It simply missing scans, and generating E0424 errors. I'm waiting to hear from Graphtec, but I need my cutter.

I really believe it's the hardware as the scanning is being missed at random. It will scan three of the four marks and miss the 4th mark. Why would it scan three? It simply doesn't make sense.

Did you ever try back on the computer that was working? You stated it worked fine there..  Does it still work fine there?   Or have you tried a Factory reset?  Hold down UP arrow while turning on power...

The older computer was sold. Actually I haven't tried a factory reset. I'll try that today. Maybe that will correct the issue. I'll post results as soon as I try it.

Thank you.

This is really strange, and wonderful. That fixed it!!!

I don't know what was corrupt, but she's back to scanning perfectly.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I wish there was a troubleshooting sticky part of this forum where all these type of posts could be easy to find.

Skeeter Thank you for the tip ;D

• Like 1

Great, glad you got it,,,  well actually, How to do a  Factory reset is posted  hundreds of times on here..and can be found online... Usually that is the first thing, people will do..which is why no one said to do it...and we are told "I already tried that.  I have tried everything !!   It has to be the cutter is broke." Just like you, already talking warranty.. Sometimes we hate to even open our mouths to help. I knew your cutter was not broke,at 100% convinced.., Graphtec cutters just don't break doing a set up. We have ran these Graphtec cutters for years and years.  In 8 years I have never had a problem with my cutter. This is why we all say buy a Graphtec on here. 

• Like 1

I'm not to proud to admit you taught me something. I never performed a hard reset before, and still can't believe something like a new computer would require that, but in the end it worked, and I'm very grateful. I love the machine, and will say they are the best I've used. I know a decision on a cutter has many variables namely budget. If your serious about a business then they should be looked at first.

Thank you again for your support.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this