Sign in to follow this  
ericmschwanke

Photo tex self-adhesive cutting question

I am using a US Cutter Laserpoint II and when cutting this is what I get. It peels and strings the fabric when it cuts. Is there better settings I should be using?

I was cutting at 300 speed and pressure of around 39 I believe. I usually cut my oracle vinyl at about 19.

Also using a new blade and it is a 45Degree blade.

Suggestions?

post-91324-0-69111200-1459271504_thumb.j

I have a Graphtec, so settings are a little bit different. My speed is set to 15 (64 is max speed) and a force of 30 (31 is max force) with a 60 degree CleanCut blade. My 651 vinyl setting is speed 8 and force 10. I use a dedicated blade and blade holder for PhotoTex with the blade sticking out just a hair more than with regular vinyl.

• Like 1

try two maybe three passes with normal pressure, trying to hog through in one pass may be your issue.

I have never cut that material but that is how I cut multi layer multi material projects.

Such a large margin I think I could do better with a pair of scissors :lol:

Too large of a margin tighten that up it will look better, Second don't try cutting through the carrier paper cut the vinyl only and make sure there is a weed box. Then take the access vinyl off and have the vinyl sitting on the backing till applied.