Cosmo Kid

just ordered the titan 3 54in today.

I see there is not a lot of things here and on the internet about it. can you guys give me some good advice on setting it up and the does and don'ts of that plotter. I'm getting the 53 in with arms but will not be using the arms till i order a printer next year. I want to gain as much info about it as i can before it arrives because the day after it gets here i have a fairly big job lined up. I will be doing a 2 color graphic on a bucket truck that will have 16inx134in lettering x4.

thank you in advance.

Cosmo

Awesome Cosmo. Did you order the vinyl too? You are going to have a little fun masking that long of a stretch. I do them from time to time but there is a definite knack to it. I use a 24" Big Squeegee for that type of thing.  In fact I use it for almost everything if it's over about 3ft. 

• Like 1

I sure hope you have a huge workspace ----  you will be astonished how much area is required to do jobs (weeding, taping, applying).

I've currently got a 4' x 12' table length, and it's hardly enough for my 30" cutter.

This is a valuable piece of equipment --

APPROLLER24.jpg

• Like 1

I really hope you have some experience because it always amazes me when people get jobs before they even have equipment.    

It's going to take some time and practice to figure out how it all works. 

• Like 3

I really hope you have some experience because it always amazes me when people get jobs before they even have equipment.    

It's going to take some time and practice to figure out how it all works. 

You said exactly what I thought when I read it...Learning the machine and job comes first...I practiced for a month, with vectors, learning software, cutting, weeding, taping, packing, read online until I felt comfortable with the job, before I took orders,  And after many years, still always learning....  Unless the OP has ever done this before,  they may feel very overwhelmed, at the slightest problem...and there will be problems...It takes experience and skill,,  a lot of experience.  I had absolutely no experience. And no help from a forum back in 2006...

• Like 5

Cosmo did I hear a big "gulp" hopefully we didn't freak you out too bad. It's pretty telling when 4 or 5 experienced cutters are all kind of giving you the raised eyebrow. Maybe you have done vinyl for years and are just new to the cutter itself. If not...well it will be a great learning experience. I think I would play with the cutter a little before going for an 11 foot cut. 2 color to boot. Hopefully its just text and can be top hinged and applied in pieces. The titans are fairly new but have been getting pretty good reviews. You will learn first hand if they track accurately on an 11 foot two color assuming the two colors have registration like a shadow or something. 

Agreed,  I don't want to see your next post of,,   " I can't get this  #&%$*((&&^$  vinyl cutter going,, I told my guy this order would be done by Friday, and I can't even figure out how to load the vinyl correctly so that it tracks good.  I have already wasted all of my vinyl that I bought for the order and have to order it again, %$&^^%$$#@@  vinyl cutter,  Must be something wrong with it, I want to send this %$^^%$##  vinyl cutter back now." I also broke 2 blades trying to figure out how to set them, plus now I have some big scratches in the cutting strip.. %%%****(*@#%  vinyl cutter.  Now i have to order blades also. No one said it would be this hard, it looked so easy when I was watching the youtube video.. 

Don't be this person is all we are saying!!!!

• Like 1

Agreed,  I don't want to see your next post of,,   " I can't get this  #&%$*((&&^$  vinyl cutter going,, I told my guy this order would be done by Friday, and I can't even figure out how to load the vinyl correctly so that it tracks good.  I have already wasted all of my vinyl that I bought for the order and have to order it again, %$&^^%$$#@@  vinyl cutter,  Must be something wrong with it, I want to send this %$^^%$##  vinyl cutter back now." I also broke 2 blades trying to figure out how to set them, plus now I have some big scratches in the cutting strip.. %%%****(*@#%  vinyl cutter.  Now i have to order blades also. No one said it would be this hard, it looked so easy when I was watching the youtube video.. 

Don't be this person is all we are saying!!!!

Like we have seen hundreds of times??    buy it , learn it, then sell the product.    

betting the first time you try to mask a long or wide graphic will cause a few choice words

Can you imagine the conversation when they are looking at a whole shipping container of ones like that . . . I wanna be a mouse in the office

Can you imagine the conversation when they are looking at a whole shipping container of ones like that . . . I wanna be a mouse in the office

Kinda why I wanted to see if he got his.  It was just purchased not long ago....Is it just 1?   Or a lot more?  

Kinda why I wanted to see if he got his.  It was just purchased not long ago....Is it just 1?   Or a lot more?  

betting a whole container filled not to original spec - I got an email back from John williams and thought he would get on the thread - sounded like the original one they got as a test model was right and the batch they got in might be all like this - hopefully we will hear more from him here.  I just can't imagine getting several hundred made wrong - if so bet there will be a big sale for people willing to use a carrier sheet  ;D   if it is 15" center on all rollers could be tough for anyone with 48" vinyl  or even trying to use it with a 54" printer.  not like sending them back would be cheap

After talking to UScutter they told me that the 54" will only have the 5 grit rollers spaced 15" apart from here on. I was wanting to exchange mine I just ordered for a 7 roller model but it seems they won't be available anymore. I am returning it for a full refund! They even let me keep the vinyl they sent with it! On a side note SAGA is the manufacturer of the Titans, their SAGA line of cutters are identical to the Titans but they don't seem to be moving to the 5 roller design? Did UScutter change the product in order to save money our is SAGA crippling the Titans in order to sell more SAGAS? I would really like some light shed on this topic as my curiosity is eating me alive!

so it is really a 45" cutter?  I keep my rollers to the outside so at 15" apart that's no bueno 

• Like 1

I have the 68" titan 3, it has 9 pinch rollers, they are 7 inches from center to center of each pinch roller.  so in reality it can only cut 7" wide up to 67" wide. I have been trying to get the ARMS system to work with my Flexi 12 subscription with absolutely no luck what so ever.  The US Cutter website clearly states the ARM function is supported by Flexi 12.  Does anyone have any idea how?

After talking to UScutter they told me that the 54" will only have the 5 grit rollers spaced 15" apart from here on. I was wanting to exchange mine I just ordered for a 7 roller model but it seems they won't be available anymore. I am returning it for a full refund! They even let me keep the vinyl they sent with it! On a side note SAGA is the manufacturer of the Titans, their SAGA line of cutters are identical to the Titans but they don't seem to be moving to the 5 roller design? Did UScutter change the product in order to save money our is SAGA crippling the Titans in order to sell more SAGAS? I would really like some light shed on this topic as my curiosity is eating me alive!

Maybe they are no longer made by SAGA ?

I have the 68" titan 3, it has 9 pinch rollers, they are 7 inches from center to center of each pinch roller.  so in reality it can only cut 7" wide up to 67" wide. I have been trying to get the ARMS system to work with my Flexi 12 subscription with absolutely no luck what so ever.  The US Cutter website clearly states the ARM function is supported by Flexi 12.  Does anyone have any idea how?
i would contact support on this, the big Titans have not been used by too many people on the forum that I know of and there appears to be some differences

I have the Titan 3 finding all four registration marks now, however the offset between the laser and blade is not correct. so it is still not cutting correctly.  Does anyone know how to calibrate the laser offset?  Also the Titan 3 page on uscutter states it has suction hold down,  however I cannot find anyway to turn this function on to see if it acutally works.  Anyone have any ideas on how to check that?

Not sure about calibrating those registration marks but the vacuum turns on as soon as you start a job or move your gfit rollers or cutter carriage when you press the arrow keys in off line mode. You can hear the vacuum motor revving up right before the rollers or carriage moves

I want to say that Joe from UsCutter tech support was super helpful.  ARMS Contour Cutting is up and running!!! 

I want to say that Joe from UsCutter tech support was super helpful.  ARMS Contour Cutting is up and running!!! 

So for the others  what did Joe do?