Leland Webb

Need suggestions.

So I created a design for HTV. I have a customer that wants me to cut the design for him, and send it to him so that he can take it elsewhere to have it put on a shirt. What should I do. I think I should be the one making the money for the shirt sale as well as the design. Has anyone else had experience with this?

I would have a hard time with that. Or I would charge him for the profit you would have made from the total sale. 

You say send it to him, is he out of state or something like that? That would be a little more tolerable but I would still charge more. I guess I look at HTV a little differently than adhesive vinyl but I don't know why exactly. Unless he has some sort of connection on the press he's probably going to get gouged on the install. 

maybe I read this wrong too - if it is a design you made and sell to other people then charge the same for the "HTV" transfer as you charge for the shirt done . . .  .

• Like 1

did you charge him design time?  - - - - 

I came up with the design, and this guy wants me to cut it and send it to him to take somewhere else to get it put on a shirt. I told him that I could not do that.

What movie is this from? That was hysterical.

• Like 1

Judging from the title of the clip I'm guessing the movie is Five Easy Pieces.  ha!

Yep, Five Easy Pieces - an early Jack Nicholson flick...

Cal