Guest Terry

CHECK THE LAWS ????

Guest Terry

I had this on ebay and it was removed. Anyone have this happen? I can't imagine a company not wanting free advertising. Or did someone fool ebay to remove them. I have made all kinds of things, and this was the only company to remove.

post-0-12986512266633_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986512276636_thumb.jpg

I have not had anything removed from eBay before. Not sure, you'd think Fox would dig the advertising.

:dontknow:

:g:

You're lucky! I know a guy that had to sell a sign erection truck to pay for the fines from a copyright lawsuit.If you are cutting vinyl with a company logo,then you are selling copyrighted material.And the fines are very stiff.I could make headstock neck vinyl for every brand name guitar made and sell a ton of them.But I am also in business to stay in business,so I don't sell anything that has a brand name.I don't even cut headstock vinyl at all because I don't want anyone asking me to do one just for them.All it takes is one,to either cost you all of the profits you make or put you out of business.

Ahh, good point. I hadnt thought about that.      :bear:

Gotta watch out for the copyright police.

Yes, Dont ever reproduce that logo...  I got a cease and desist letter, (formal warning) before.  If no one else is listing it on ebay, then there is probably a reason for it.

Fox is one that will fight for their image protection very very bad !! Also Harley ! My sister has had to pay fines for using copyrighted stuff ....

Also you got caught on ebay most likly because someone else is selling them too..and when that seller reports you... ebay takes it off.. and now he can still sell his without a problem .... I see it all the time with boith of my sisters auctions ...if you get reported to many times you will get suspended ..then Banned ip address...

Be careful on ebay dont do alot of copyright material ..but my sister slips a few in once in a while....and she does fine now ....