Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Clean Cut Blades (50% Reduction In Cutting Force)

I just changed my Graphtec's CE-6000 blade to a CC. The case the blade comes in that cutting force should be reduced by 50%. I tried that, and the force was far to little. I went from a cutting force of 9 with a stock Graphtec blade to 15 with the CC. I always read everyone uses reduced cutting pressure do to their sharpness.

Has anyone else had this issue?

did you start with too much  blade exposure and break the tip?   seen that before - never seen anyone use more force with a cleancut

Also sure your depth matches where the other blade was?

I use CC in my Fc8600 and Summa's, and while I didn't reduce it 50%, I did reduce it 20 to 30% than the stock blades.

• Like 1

I don't like to change my settings so I adjusted the blade depth ever so slightly instead.

I don't remember the percentage decrease, but I wouldn't say 50% less. I use CC blades in my CE-6000 and have a force of 9 for Oracal 631 and a force of 10 for Oracal 651.

I have found that clean cut blades are a little bit longer than the blades I currently use, or any blade, that I have used before, for that matter

Honestly it's not a big deal. I checked the tip of the blade, and it looks fine. I just haven't heard of anyone having this happen. The blade cuts excellent, and as long as it's durable so be it.