Aloha

I am new to V98 5500 Lime Fluorescent Reflective.

What is the recommended DOWN FORCE?

what is the recommended  SPEED ?

are my 60* greenstar blades sufficient for this material?

should i get cleancut glitter blades?

I am cutting large 19" letters and numbers for water hauling fleet, side of tanks.

MAHALO

CY

It is only 5 mil so you should just need more down force than regular vinyl, maybe double your pressure and see how that works,  and any 45 or 60 degree blade should be just fine.

Speed setting same as regular vinyl, maybe just a bit slower.

Also might need to adjust your blade so a bit more is sticking out of the blade holder.

You will just need to do a few test cuts to get it dialed-in correctly...

Aloha

I am new to V98 5500 Lime Fluorescent Reflective.

What is the recommended DOWN FORCE?   The amount of force it takes to cut thru it - do a test cut and adjust as necessary

what is the recommended  SPEED ?  Slow it way down

are my 60* greenstar blades sufficient for this material?  Reflective will eat any kind of blade but if it is the greenstar premium blades they will last longer

should i get cleancut glitter blades?    Reflective is hard on any blade - I use the prior cleancut I was using for regular vinyl when I change out the blades in my holders as you generally don't do as small and intricate with reflective

I am cutting large 19" letters and numbers for water hauling fleet, side of tanks.

MAHALO

CY

I am pretty sure you will find you need more force than regular vinyl - the metallic layers in the reflectives are tough

THANKS FOR THE INFO, ITS COMMON SENSE. I appreciate your time a always.

I was a little nervous, this stuff is 7.00 a square ft.

just one more question, should i use up my greenstar application tape or buy something with a better tack?

thanks cy

I'm struggling with cutting this V98 Fluorescent lime. 

I'm using a Roland XC540

Cut pressure is 280 (printer max cut pressure is 300), speed 10, and I have my blade adjusted so it's sticking ALL THE WAY OUT! I'm STILL NOT cutting through this stuff. 

It seems to be thicker than it used to be. I've called the manufacturer a couple of times complaining but they keep telling me it's the same it's always been. Only thing I haven't tried is some other crazy kind of blade....

Getting frustrated :( 

Our contract for governement vehicles is switching to 80% of this stuff compared to the current graphics package and I'll be cutting this stuff all the time soon. I really need to figure out a way to cut through this stuff easier. 

any suggestions??

thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, TS Graphics, Signs & Print said:

I'm struggling with cutting this V98 Fluorescent lime. 

I'm using a Roland XC540

Cut pressure is 280 (printer max cut pressure is 300), speed 10, and I have my blade adjusted so it's sticking ALL THE WAY OUT! I'm STILL NOT cutting through this stuff. 

It seems to be thicker than it used to be. I've called the manufacturer a couple of times complaining but they keep telling me it's the same it's always been. Only thing I haven't tried is some other crazy kind of blade....

Getting frustrated :( 

Our contract for governement vehicles is switching to 80% of this stuff compared to the current graphics package and I'll be cutting this stuff all the time soon. I really need to figure out a way to cut through this stuff easier. 

any suggestions??

thanks in advance!

new cleancut brand blade - he actually has one made just for reflective material - with his normal blades I use about 40 percent less force than other blades

• Like 2