Landy

Proper way to feed vinyl using SCALP3?

I have a 28" Titan 2 and use Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3. How exactly do I want to feed my 24" vinyl into my cutter? Directly in the middle so there are 2" on each side or as close to the 1" side of the cutter as possible? Additionally, where should I lay the design out in SCALP? Bottom right? Leave an inch or two? It seems that I can't get this down and end up wasting extra vinyl on the sides of my designs.

I have a 28" Titan 2 and use Sure Cuts a Lot Pro 3. How exactly do I want to feed my 24" vinyl into my cutter? Directly in the middle so there are 2" on each side or as close to the 1" side of the cutter as possible? Additionally, where should I lay the design out in SCALP? Bottom right? Leave an inch or two? It seems that I can't get this down and end up wasting extra vinyl on the sides of my designs.

I have the same machine but using scalp4 pro with Ai cs6.. I run my material where the most rollers are being used especially on the edges of the material, and on the design page i usuall leave like a 1/4" gap or less but really doesnt matter. cause its where you have the cutter start from its origin point. but in the end its about a 1/4 or less i leave for scrap. And i place my design always near the top left corner depending on which way you have the material running out the cutter.you will figure it out im sure.

or cut off what you will be actually using as well. but leave enough for the material to feed out ..Have you figured out how to have your material advance after cut? and use the Long slot groove in the very front of your cutter as a cutting edge?  have your material advance 5.30 inches and when its done you should be able to use a blade or knife in that slot and cut your material straight above your design with a little space of waste.. If you dont understand i can do a screen shot to explain..