Primal Decals

Printer from a friend--is it worth it or pass it up?

So i have a friend that just contacted since he seen i was looking at printers, said he has a titan jet 1901 72" eco solvent printer  he wants to get rid of cause he is giving up on vinyl sales where he lives etc. He said the printer needs a print head which is a epson dx5 . im not familiar with this brand but i can get it for $500.00  . he is a picture of it .it still prints just not as good he says ,so he suggests to change the print head.  Thank you for any info about this.

.post-88251-0-96421200-1458534220_thumb.j

so a quick search online -shows it is a china printer with almost no support here
search on the dx 5 print head shows most are water based and locked for a particular printer (this is a new one on me) - so what printer is this one emulating to make it work and how do you get a head for that?
what rip does he use and can you get that

so find out where you can get a printhead for it that will work if they lock them so only one printer works with the head and find out price
are other maint parts available to you for it
if you blow the mainboard replacing the head where do you get another one and how much?

with all the knowledge you gain from that research make your decision

• Like 1

if it is the same guy from oregon trying to get info to get it working and for parts on s101 last april doesn't look like he got too far and got the same advise- so probably didn't produce anything of quality to stay in the business - if the same person

• Like 1

Once the print heads clog and need to be replaced, what you have is essentially a paperweight that will cost you big bucks to get working at a level acceptable to paying customers.

Even if he gives it to you at NO CHARGE (hey, he's a friend, right?) then you will be investing plenty of cash from that point forward.

How big is your budget?

Once the print heads clog and need to be replaced, what you have is essentially a paperweight that will cost you big bucks to get working at a level acceptable to paying customers.

Even if he gives it to you at NO CHARGE (hey, he's a friend, right?) then you will be investing plenty of cash from that point forward.

How big is your budget?

I understand, i wasnt wanting to buy a printer this big, but i thought it might of been a good deal at first. My cutter is only a 24" titan 2 and would be willing to upgrade my cutter size ,I found a printer for my 24"size of cutter for $6500 new mutoh value jet 628. Glad i asked before being stupid. I dont want to spend 10,000 on a larger printer right now, I am willing to sspend the 6500 to see how things go.I dont have a limited budget to spend , but i want to be smart about it and starting at $6500 for what my cutter does seems like the bright thing to do over 10,000..Unless im incorrect on that as well lol..Thanks for the info . i will pass on that printer..Thank you everyone.

so a quick search online -shows it is a china printer with almost no support here

search on the dx 5 print head shows most are water based and locked for a particular printer (this is a new one on me) - so what printer is this one emulating to make it work and how do you get a head for that?

what rip does he use and can you get that

so find out where you can get a printhead for it that will work if they lock them so only one printer works with the head and find out price

are other maint parts available to you for it

if you blow the mainboard replacing the head where do you get another one and how much?

with all the knowledge you gain from that research make your decision

Ya i found that out this morning

if it is the same guy from oregon trying to get info to get it working and for parts on s101 last april doesn't look like he got too far and got the same advise- so probably didn't produce anything of quality to stay in the business - if the same person

And it probly is.. I came across the same thing on ebay. Didnt know he was selling it on there. I met this guy 2 years ago.. Thank you buddy