customer on e-##@@ buys printed decal - files a not as described and I pay shipping back automatically.  I ask customer how the item was not as described as the printed part is under the application tape and the backing adhesive is gray.  2 days later, after they sent them in the mail they respond that they didn't look at them as they bought them for someone else . . .  .  as that set is in the mail back to me they order another set!   pulling what little hair I have left out - at least give me time to ban you from buying from me before you try to do it all over again!    frustrating part is this is the second person to claim an item not as described (other was rv part) when it is exactly as described and pictured - just to put the cost of return on the seller - - - - - - - - - not sure if rant is over but  . . . . . .

• Like 2

I ordered a construction crane a few days ago

However, when it arrived today, I realized that it's NOT a full-sized real construction crane, but is just a TOY !!!

b_he-0805.jpg

Hmmmm,  maybe I should have read the entire description !!!!

• Like 2

You also have to watch out for charge-backs.

Something like $20 or $25 per revoked credit card charge in addition to the principal.

that site has become so frustrating...had a buyer leave feedback - stated "damaged"- offered to replace- sent another set- buyer then messages -wrong version-, and then same buyer "My kid got on my computer"-- guy had no idea what he was going.

another buyer simply writes "SHIP?" ugh.

I do not offer hassle free returns for this very reason I figured that this stupid eBay policy could bite you quickly 99% of the time I have more in shipping than I do the decal so I do not want to pay to get it back.

And "Command" is correct the newest way to scam you is Charge Back... they get your item for free. I have that going on right now.

I'm not sure how the auto returns work but I would contest the return since you have a copy of the email. Copy and paste it into your complaint, I have won a few returns by their own omission of fraudulent claims. 

In the retail world we call it "Shrink" unfortunately it's part of doing business.

As an infrequent seller on ebay (I go through occasional spurts where I try to unload stuff) I do not know what the *charge back* is.  Could you tell me a little more?  I am fixing to list some stuff and want to be aware of my risks.

Now, as a buyer - also infrequent - I find myself using ebay a bit more.  I used to get a fair amount of stuff off of Amazon.  Over the past year, whenever I have purchased off Amazon the shipping is held up.  I order something listed as *in stock*, but they do not ship for over a week.  I feel it is just a way to *encourage* me to buy into the A.Prime, but all it has encouraged me to do is buy the same product for the same price off ebay.

Off my rant now, sorry to hijack your thread Dakota...

Cal

As an infrequent seller on ebay (I go through occasional spurts where I try to unload stuff) I do not know what the *charge back* is.  Could you tell me a little more?  I am fixing to list some stuff and want to be aware of my risks.

Now, as a buyer - also infrequent - I find myself using ebay a bit more.  I used to get a fair amount of stuff off of Amazon.  Over the past year, whenever I have purchased off Amazon the shipping is held up.  I order something listed as *in stock*, but they do not ship for over a week.  I feel it is just a way to *encourage* me to buy into the A.Prime, but all it has encouraged me to do is buy the same product for the same price off ebay.

Cal

I too have noticed the long delay in shipping on Amazon lately.

My last order was for 4 things....they came in three different shipments....

didn't cost me anymore but couldn't have been cost effective.

Sue2

Cal

A chargeback is when the buyer disputes the charge and claims they did not authorize it, even though the product was shipped to their address on file with the CC company. 

The VERY LAST decal (or anything) I sold on ebay, was a custom for a rear truck window, a girl got for her boyfriend's birthday. Had his name right through the middle, all the way across. Boyfriend, Patrick, decided he was gonna get blasted on his birthday, girlfriend decided patrick was history, then wanted a refund on the decal. I told her that it was custom made, and no refund. She filed with ebay, told them the same thing, F'ing ebay said I HAD to refund her, I told them to go get F'd. They took the money out of my paypal acount, refunded her, and told her she could keep the decal. 

• Like 1

A Charge back is when someone disputes a charge with their credit card company. It generally goes to arbitration that is unfavorable to the business/seller. The burden of proof lies to the seller to PROVE, outright, that the product made it to the client, and that they received it. If the charge-back remains and arbitration finds in favor of the purchaser, the business loses the principal of the sale IN ADDITION to $20 or so.

BTW: Ebays arbitration is pretty arbitrary. Also AMEX is 100% on the side of the consumer.

I once got food poisoning from a buffet. I called AMEX and within seconds they pulled the charge and initiated a chargeback without true proof. I wasn't lying, but if I was the buffet would lose what I payed + $20.

I forgot to mention this:

The credit card companies do not like Paypal. It adds a layer of obfuscation in that the metadata for a transaction is lost. This goes both ways.

With every credit card purchase you make there is normally a lot of data transmitted. What you purchased and from where.

When you buy or sell with paypal they do not have that information, which both helps and hurts arbitration from the point of a seller.

7 months and I can tell ebay to kiss my ass...and I can't wait.

• Like 1

update on above the person filed not as described a second time - I blocked them = refunded the money and that night they said they applied them and they look great - so I ended up paying shipping 3 times on the decals and gave them away to get rid of the person.  then today get the call that if you don't offer 30 day returns starting in april you lose you discount for being a top rated seller.   

• Like 1

You guys are making me very glad I don't sell on ebay. The problem is all our stuff is custom which doesn't equate to returns unless it really was screwed up in which case it should be a warranty replacement type thing. How can you return a custom graphic? That's complete BS. Like someone else is going to want a 37" decal that says Bob's Bait and Tackle. 

• Like 2

now with people being able to check out on "Guest" accounts I am not even sure that our block list is worth anything . . . . I do know that - that particular person on that account will not be ordering anything from me again

update on above the person filed not as described a second time - I blocked them = refunded the money and that night they said they applied them and they look great - so I ended up paying shipping 3 times on the decals and gave them away to get rid of the person.  then today get the call that if you don't offer 30 day returns starting in april you lose you discount for being a top rated seller.   

Yeah, i'm just going to lose the discount the small break in fees is lost the first time someone returns an item. eBay is trying to find itself... well they have been doing that for years. Now eBay is the wannabe Amazon . I'm sure there are very bad sellers out there that the rules are designed for but then again there are VERY bad consumers also. We don't make rules for bad consumers we just let the sellers absorb the loss. 

Hmmmm sounds like gun control.. 

Yeah, i'm just going to lose the discount the small break in fees is lost the first time someone returns an item. eBay is trying to find itself... well they have been doing that for years. Now eBay is the wannabe Amazon . I'm sure there are very bad sellers out there that the rules are designed for but then again there are VERY bad consumers also. We don't make rules for bad consumers we just let the sellers absorb the loss. 

Hmmmm sounds like gun control.. 

I brought up the fact that I take care of everyone very quickly and have for years - and it is about like when they made the sellers do the 90 day returns at christmas a couple of years ago - that is why I will be shutting down the ebay store a month before my vacation so will be down for over a month and a half - their loss as I will not be stressing or worrying about it while I am gone on vacation - then will do the same in november.  when they lose enough sellers maybe they will catch on.

I brought up the fact that I take care of everyone very quickly and have for years - and it is about like when they made the sellers do the 90 day returns at christmas a couple of years ago - that is why I will be shutting down the ebay store a month before my vacation so will be down for over a month and a half - their loss as I will not be stressing or worrying about it while I am gone on vacation - then will do the same in november.  when they lose enough sellers maybe they will catch on.

Years ago eBay used to have employees that made random purchases, I had one of these energetic employees purchase from one of my stores ( I had 3 at the time ) . Well I was always slow at giving feedback but when I did remember I always did it in bulk. The employee contacted me about not getting their feedback and I responded with something like "Oh sure I will get right on it" then I promptly left them feedback. Well I was instantly put in eBay jail for a month for feedback manipulation :huh:???. That store sold the ever popular ebooks, I sold the ebooks for $1 and less because I made a killing on the affiliate links, I could have cared less about the feedback.

Remember when the Paypal Nazi's came out after being acquired by eBay ? I had to retain an attorney because they locked down my PP account I had a little over 5k in there once he informed them I was entitled to 3x money plus damages they promptly released my money. Most of the affiliate companies would pay in PP well their excuse was I had "unusual" activity... hell I was just successful. 

So the moral of those stories is NO they will not catch on.. Mine is a love hate with eBay, I've made a lot of $$ from them over the years but have put up with a crap load bull along the way.

EBay and PayPal are horrible for sellers. They rank up there with AMEX. Their only concern is the buyer and sellers be damned... The funny thing is unlike Amazon they don't sell a damn thing themselves so there is no risk for them to have these policies. I don't buy anything on eBay or sell anything any more.... Being burned once by eBay and multiple times by PayPal is enough for me.

Funny, I just got this email in my spam box:

RECEIPT: PAYMENT ON HOLD -  ID:  496687573
PayPaI. [message-mmazcandcw@atlanticsignature.com] (that's an uppercase i from PayPai and that's one awesome atlanticsignature.com email address)

Dear "ME (my email went here)",

We're investigating a payment reversal (Case # PP-059-174-719-459)
We recently notified you that a payment you received was made without the account holder's permission, or was the result of a transaction error.

To help resolve this issue, log in to your PayPaI account within the next 24 hours and respond to our request for information in your Resolution Center.

Thanks,

PayPaI.Email-ID: pp088917149

OH JUST IN CASE I NEED TO STATE THE OBVIOUS, DON'T CLICK ON THE LINKS, IT'S A FISHING SCAM! HOVER OVER THE LINKS TO SEE WHERE THEY LINK TO :)mail.kinyat.com.hk/taskware/uploads/ca/7.php PS, I'm not responsible if you bork your computer by going there.

Just goes to prove that criminals are stupid... or in this case lazy. They could have at least set up a believable subdomain.