Sign in to follow this  
Macon Innovations

Blew the dust off my Laser

One of my local Fire Departments wanted a dash piece to mount in one of the older Trucks....Sounded like a good chance to play with my laser...

post-92305-0-60141900-1458272672_thumb.j

• Like 11

blew the dust off? If I had a laser cutter/etcher i'd be using it non stop! what kind of laser do you have? and looks awesome by the way

• Like 1

Nice work Macon. they should like that. I agree with Topper, if I had one there would be no dust.

• Like 1

Beautifully done I bet they are/ will love it. A laser is so universale. Have you cut aluminum shapes out with it?

I only have a 50 watt C02 laser...It will not cut metal...If the metal is coated with anything it will usual etch away the coating though...

blew the dust off? If I had a laser cutter/etcher i'd be using it non stop! what kind of laser do you have? and looks awesome by the way

I use it pretty regularly..But my CNC router makes for a dusty environment even with its own encloser..It's a K40 clone off ebay....But the only part still original is the case....Has been completely updated with parts from Lightobject....

post-92305-0-12940000-1458302963_thumb.j

• Like 1

I use it pretty regularly..But my CNC router makes for a dusty environment even with its own encloser..It's a K40 clone off ebay....But the only part still original is the case....Has been completely updated with parts from Lightobject....

so would you say it is better to just buy a unit from lightobject than to start with the clone?  very cool

They don't have any machines under 5k....Well they didn't when I was looking...I have about 1600 tied up in mine all together...But I used it for a while before doing any upgrades...And with a $400 initial investment it paid for itself quickly..If I had to do it over again you can get a decent one off ebay for about 2k that has all the upgrades I did to mine and a slightly larger work area....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=371269684767&alt=web

• Like 1