gcextreme

First Dye Sub Shirt...one issue

Did my first dye sub poly shirt....

390* for roughly 32 seconds...

Color turned out great....but there is some kind of burn or color mark on the right side...seems to be coming from the edge of the paper..

yes i used teflon sheets.

12832582_10153424000046700_9239879140479

10372059_10153424000146700_2729329311725

Here is the mark

1476721_10153424000001700_74450624794140

• Like 2

Looks great other then that spot as you stated.

thanks...just want to figure out what caused that so i can prevent it from now on.

I always do 400 degree for 60 seconds XXXXXX but that looks good. Did you use a paper cutter to cut that paper or dirty scissors ?

You have to be very careful with dye sub shirts as they will pick up any little mark and transfer it onto the shirt.  I usually cover my shirt with a Teflon sheet or butcher paper but to me that looks like either a cut line or the edge of the press being dirty ...

I always do 400 degree for 60 minutes but that looks good. Did you use a paper cutter to cut that paper or dirty scissors ?

You have to be very careful with dye sub shirts as they will pick up any little mark and transfer it onto the shirt.  I usually cover my shirt with a Teflon sheet or butcher paper but to me that looks like either a cut line or the edge of the press being dirty ...

ummm Bill - think you mistyped

LOL Thanks

GC Also don't be afraid to trim, the sub paper that can also help keeping everything clean that for sure looks like its the edge of a dirty paper or ??

• Like 1

Yeah had a sheet covering the whole thing...

and 60 minutes has to be way way too long...damn...the shirt would probably catch fire.

No didnt cut the paper, used a full 8.5x11 sheet

Sub ink on the edge of paper it happens sometimes. Also 400 degrees at 60 sec does not burn the shirt if you use sheets. What you might want to do is invest in some pressing foam or pillows to see if you can soften up the edges.

I never use a teflon sheet when sublimating. I use a fresh sheet of parchment paper with every press.

that ink is from the paper you have to look on the front and back of the paper for ink that the printer will leave on it. I usually cut all my subs to the image. and you should be pressing at 60 seconds @ 385* or 45 second @ 400*. I use parchment paper to but my press has teflon covers top and bottom.