Sign in to follow this  
iceemudd2

Cannot get cutter to respond

I feel like I'm missing something super simple. I have my cutter set up, but when I try to do a "test" it does...nothing. The screen briefly flashes something about doing a test cut but nothing actually happens. 

Also, I have installed the driver on my computer but I can't get it to respond to any commands from signblazer or vinylmaster. Neither can detect the cutter. 

I feel like it's probably something super simple, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Any ideas? 

also, I am using the USB that came with the cutter, no serial ports on my laptop and nowhere locally to pick up the Tripple thing that's posted about on here. I really need to get it up asap 

open one of your cutter programs when you try to make a cut see what com port it is connected to. Then on your computer click start and go to your control panel, then devices and printers. open that and look for the one for your cutter, right click on it and go to properties. make sure the com port is the same there.

No. It won't respond at all. Even when selecting test on the cutter itself, it's yet to drop the blade and actually cut.

does your com port show the same in your program as it does in your devices and printers? look for the usb serial one right click on it and when the little box opens click the hardware tab and make sure you click the same com port in there as in your cutter program.

in sign blazer when you click to cut the vinyl you will see setting at the top click that. when the settings box opens up look at the second one down "out put device" make sure the com port there is the same as the USB/Serial port in your computers device and printers.

did you try to restart your computer, and turn off the power on your cutter then turn it back on after your computer fully rebooted?

Follow through the manual exactly, and if still a no go then I would call and talk to the support team at US Cutter

If you can't do a test cut from the unit, then most likely the unit is the issue. I would call support. 

• Like 1

I would call support while they are still open - thinking maybe usb driver issue but could be cutter and they will diagnose over the phone and or remote your computer to figure it out quickly without all the frustrating guessing