Sign in to follow this  
dcbevins

Desk Riser

Just got a desk riser today.  I am stoked about this cool new gadget.  I suspect lots of people sit for long periods at the computer so I though I would mention this one as it is half the price of more popular brands.  Probably the novelty will wear off, but now I think it is kewlbeans.

• Like 2

Before this way of working was popular I use to get those plastic crayes and decent height thick card boxes and put my monitor and keyboard on top of them to stand back in 2009. I noticed when I sat to long my knees would hurt when I got up, it's felt like blood wasn't flowing down to my feet and my butt was getting sore. So I went ok let's see if standing helps and it did but then the feet got sore legs got tired after awhile so I would sit down for a little then get back up. Now I sit for 30 min and then stand for 30 minutes or I get up and walk to keep things moving.

When you got these did you order the anti fatigue mats?

No mats, I thought I'd try a rug first.  I have worked jobs were one was on ones feet most of the day.  I have been acclimated to it in the past, many years ago.  But now I find 30 minutes or so I am ready to sit.  I hope to gain some standing stamina back gradually.

Last spring I was in a car wreck and messed my back up some.  I was hoping this would help the situation.

I am standing right now! HA!  It's still novel to me to stand and use the computer.

Sorry to hear about the car accident man glad your recovering. No mats here either I always found them more of a tripping issues. When I get tired and sore from standing I will sit on my lazy bum lol.

Ha when I read riser my brain said raised shelf and I pictured something that would let me stack even more stuff on my desk! 

• Like 1