Sign in to follow this  
Chalyons3

Keyspan Issue

I really hope I'm not being an idiot here but... I'm having trouble connecting a keyspan to my Creation PCUT CTN630. I went ahead and bought one since because I can't get my cutter to do anything but display "waiting" when I try to cut.

The problem is there a two things sticking out on either side of the serial plug on both the cutter and the keyspan. The two things are for screws to secure the plug but since they are on both the cutter and keyspan, it is preventing the plug from connecting. Take a look at the pic in case I wasn't clear (please excuse the terrible quality).

SignCut-x2 says that I need the keyspan to work and that I have a connection issue. I've tried everything else I can think of to get this working and now I'm at the point of desperately trying to get the keyspan up and going.

thanks for any help!

post-2336-12986518512759_thumb.jpg

post-2336-12986518514027_thumb.jpg

post-2336-1298651852552_thumb.jpg

post-2336-12986518526688_thumb.jpg

Can you connect the keyspan to your Mac and run a cable between the keyspan and PCut?

I don';t know a thing about the keyspan adapter, but can you use a regular serial cable to connect the 2 things you are showing? I think that is what it is meant for...you plug the keyspan into the usb...run a serial from it to the cutter. Anyhow, that should solve the problem.

Can you connect the keyspan to your Mac and run a cable between the keyspan and PCut?

That is how it is supposed to be used. Both the keyspan and the pcut have the female screw recepticals that the  male screw ends attach to that are on each end of the serial cable. Attach the keyspan adapter to the computer,run a SERIAL cable between the computer and cutter.