harleytuner

Can't import EPS into SB

I'm at my whits end lol.  I'm trying to import my buddies logo into SB, when I do I get the progress bar but when it's done nothing shows up.  I've had this issue before, not sure if it's to big for the memory on my computer or what.  Any help would be appreciated.  I just want to be able to cut a simple 2 color decal for them.

PowerHouseCycle_Logo_Smaller.eps

I just want to be able to cut a simple 2 color decal for them.

What two colors do you want it? black and white? what about the red tachometer needle and red outline of "POWERHOUSE"?

Do you want to do the black, white and red then?

SignBlazer is an older program and requires you to save files in an older file format in order to import them. Illustrator 8 works good, or even copy and paste most of the time.

Here you go- try this one.

Brought into AI CS6 - saved as version 8 - opened in SB and saved as SBD file.

Thank you, ill try it tomorrow when I get to the computer with signblazer on it!!

What two colors do you want it? black and white? what about the red tachometer needle and red outline of "POWERHOUSE"?

Do you want to do the black, white and red then?

It's going on the shop window, I haven't seen it yet but I was thinking white and red. Would 3 colors be better?

SignBlazer is an older program and requires you to save files in an older file format in order to import them. Illustrator 8 works good, or even copy and paste most of the time.

Thanks for the info, ill have to get illustrator. Is there another cutting software that works well? I own a motorcycle shop, I only cut decals for myself and every once in awhile for a friend. So I'm not looking to spend much for software.

AFAIK, you can get Vinyl Master CUT for a reasonable amount of money, and it handles .eps very well.

It also will do terrific vectors from artwork.

It supports all the major types of cutters sold by USCUTTER today.

Inkscape is pretty good and free design program. I do most my work in it then copy and paste into SB to do the cut.

Worked great thank you so much.  I was pulling my hair out with this

AFAIK, you can get Vinyl Master CUT for a reasonable amount of money, and it handles .eps very well.

It also will do terrific vectors from artwork.

It supports all the major types of cutters sold by USCUTTER today.

I'm going to look into it, thanks

Inkscape is pretty good and free design program. I do most my work in it then copy and paste into SB to do the cut.

I do use Inkscape, mainly to trace JPEG then save as EPS then open in SB, I didn't know you could copy/paste.  I'll play with it.  I appreciate it.

When I opened the file to look at it, the logo had a purple letter "P" and the tachometer shows purple also, and also the letter "O" was blue, is this how it is supposed to look? Just curious...

Not sure- I didn't edit the file or look closely at the colors

When I opened the file to look at it, the logo had a purple letter "P" and the tachometer shows purple also, and also the letter "O" was blue, is this how it is supposed to look? Just curious...

No, not sure why it's like that. I'm going to cut the letters all white and red. It should show up fine on the tinted windows of his shop