Camel

SignBlazer to VinylMaster LTR Feature Questions

We recently upgraded our cutter to a Graphtec and at the same time purchased VM LTR.  We have a few questions after about 2 days of use to see if anyone knows the answer before we bother their support.  These are just features we use in SignBlazer and have grown accustom to after 7 years of use.  VM was finally a program we felt was truly an upgrade to SB.

1: When a document is open, how can you add more documents to the same "document".  In SB when you clicked open you could select "append" and it would simply add the saved file to the work space screen along with the document you currently have open.  This way, if you had to cut 4 or 5 images all the same color you could just manually nest them and cut them all at once.  (I am aware of the nesting feature in VM, it takes a few steps, but is nice).  Are we going about this wrong?  If I have multiple tabs open, and select "cut", it only sends the tab I currently have open to the cut manager, even if all the documents and tabs are the same color.

2: How can we easily open a document without scrolling through them all?  In SB when the page was open to show previews, you could scroll to the bottom , enter a letter, example "H" and it would zoom to the files at the "H", the more letters you entered the closer it got to your file.  So far, I can't seem to open any screen in VM that allows this, unless I am overlooking.  Speaking of which, any way to set the thumbnail view on "Thumbnail" view versus the default "Icon" (smaller view)?

3: In the simple "send to cutter", if you select more than one quantity, it doesn't update the cut preview to show you where this decal would cut from, like left to right or on top or bottom of the image.  It does if you go to the "Vinyl Spooler" but then you can't change the direction it adds the image there, even though it shows you where the second (or other quantities) will cut on the roll.  So it may stack the image, instead of cutting across the sheet.  So if your decal was 11", it would stack them instead of cutting side by side on the 24" roll.

I know that is a lot of questions, and I honestly appreciate any input or guidance.  I am sure we will have more, but I honestly enjoy the program, has better weeding features and I feel design capabilities over the now outdated SB.  THANK YOU!

• Like 1

1: When a document is open, how can you add more documents to the same "document".  In SB when you clicked open you could select "append" and it would simply add the saved file to the work space screen along with the document you currently have open.  This way, if you had to cut 4 or 5 images all the same color you could just manually nest them and cut them all at once.  (I am aware of the nesting feature in VM, it takes a few steps, but is nice).  Are we going about this wrong?  If I have multiple tabs open, and select "cut", it only sends the tab I currently have open to the cut manager, even if all the documents and tabs are the same color.

In VinylMaster you can add and view multiple pages within a document "and" multiple documents. To add a page click the Add page in the bottom left area, then click the little "left facing" arrow in the top right area (near Tools) to pop out the page viewer. To add a document click Open and it will appear above the rulers.

In regards to nesting you can nest selected objects on a page from the Arrange (menu) > Nest to Page (in higher levels). 

In regards to cutting I think you are mixing up multiple paged documents with separate (independent) documents. You can send all your artwork (and all colors) to a Cut Document from the Windows that pops up (VinylMaster Pro and Xpt).

2: How can we easily open a document without scrolling through them all?  In SB when the page was open to show previews, you could scroll to the bottom , enter a letter, example "H" and it would zoom to the files at the "H", the more letters you entered the closer it got to your file.  So far, I can't seem to open any screen in VM that allows this, unless I am overlooking.  Speaking of which, any way to set the thumbnail view on "Thumbnail" view versus the default "Icon" (smaller view)?

See answer to 1 (above) with regards seeing all your pages in a single view. In regards to thumbnails, this is a setting in Windows Explorer that you can change in the top right area (Win 7 and 8 - but this depends on which version of Windows you are using.

In the simple "send to cutter", if you select more than one quantity, it doesn't update the cut preview to show you where this decal would cut from, like left to right or on top or bottom of the image.  It does if you go to the "Vinyl Spooler" but then you can't change the direction it adds the image there, even though it shows you where the second (or other quantities) will cut on the roll.  So it may stack the image, instead of cutting across the sheet.  So if your decal was 11", it would stack them instead of cutting side by side on the 24" roll.

If you set the Cutfile to Rotate in the Vinyl Spooler and set a quantity the Vinyl Spooler will respect the Rotation you have set. 

In VinylMaster you can add and view multiple pages within a document "and" multiple documents. To add a page click the Add page in the bottom left area, then click the little "left facing" arrow in the top right area (near Tools) to pop out the page viewer. To add a document click Open and it will appear above the rulers.

In regards to nesting you can nest selected objects on a page from the Arrange (menu) > Nest to Page (in higher levels). 

In regards to cutting I think you are mixing up multiple paged documents with separate (independent) documents. You can send all your artwork (and all colors) to a Cut Document from the Windows that pops up (VinylMaster Pro and Xpt).

See answer to 1 (above) with regards seeing all your pages in a single view. In regards to thumbnails, this is a setting in Windows Explorer that you can change in the top right area (Win 7 and 8 - but this depends on which version of Windows you are using.

If you set the Cutfile to Rotate in the Vinyl Spooler and set a quantity the Vinyl Spooler will respect the Rotation you have set. 

Hey VM!  Thanks for the SOOOOO fast reply!  I think I messed up big time!  I went back to the demo, and this time demoed the "PRO" version, that IS the version I need, not the LTR version I bought.   :-[  I paid for this on Amazon, but is there a way to upgrade to the PRO now, while allowing credit for my LTR version to be applied?  I see the PRO cost about 175 more in the crossgrade than I paid, but to me if it worth it for the speed of cut files.  Please let me know.   :angel:

Please lodge a ticket at Future Support with an explanation of what you'd like to do.

Thank you!  Just opened a ticket.  Hopefully we will be cutting and zooming soon!

Hey, I submitted the ticket this morning, but I never received a confirmation email or anything from support, I went to the status page, but I don't have a ticket number.

xpaperman, the append option in SB is a little check box on the right side of the window when selecting a file to open.

• Like 1

Our support is located in Australia so we come online in the afternoons (US time)... your ticket has been answered. Thank you.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.