SurberSigns

Anybody heat pressing with custom transfers?

Good evening. Iv got a little bit of heat press under my belt and decided last week to purchase a 16x20 press from ProWorld. I'm aware that custom plastisol transfers are the way to go, as far as lasting and durability. Does anybody currently heat press and having success with it? Iv been cutting vinyl for the past 4-5 years but id like to take a step forward and start creating shirts.

What kind of set up do you have? Everything is coming in the mail on Tuesday so Id like to get some feedback from you guys.

Also, I'm leaning towards the Epson 1430, has anybody on here installed the CISS onto their printer?

I custom order plastisol transfers from howards for bigger projects - love it = you press the size you need as the order comes in and don't end up with a dozen smalls in the end that no one wants eating all the profit.  only problem I have seen with proworld is you will be selling the same thing everyone else can buy and sell so your back to competing on price.  as for the heat press - love the hotronix

I custom order plastisol transfers from howards for bigger projects - love it = you press the size you need as the order comes in and don't end up with a dozen smalls in the end that no one wants eating all the profit.  only problem I have seen with proworld is you will be selling the same thing everyone else can buy and sell so your back to competing on price.  as for the heat press - love the hotronix

But what do you do for small jobs? For example, when I get clients who say they need 5-10 shirts, I usually dish them off to another company. So that's why I purchased a heat press so I could take on the smaller jobs. 

Where I'm stuck right now is deciding on which printer to buy....

Epson WF 7610

Epson WF 7110

Epson 1430

Will they all give me the best quality prints? I have the transfer paper from pro world, but for smaller jobs what will give me the best results? If I'm not taking in orders every day, I'm not printing a lot. So can I work with standard Epson ink you pick up at the store VS CISS that you can get from Cobra Ink? Is the purpose of CISS from Cobra just for people who print constantly?

Solvent printer = 15K plus in money I think what the original poster is asking is about Inkjet transfers? I have used Jetpro Soft Stretch Inkjet Transfers and for dark shirts 3G Opaque however the 3G is more like a stiff vinyl kind of like old tshirt transfers from the 70's / 80's. They are also not as durable as custom plastisol transfers and either chip or crack faster. Jetpro fades quicker also. I feel Laser t-shirt transfers are more durable than inkjet ones,

As for the printers Any Epson prints about the same specially with their Precision Core Technology. I never had or used any of the printers you have listed however I have had many Epsons. Currently using an Epson WF-7510 for inkjet transfers / everyday printing, and a WF-7110 for Sublimation printing. Both work well and rarely clog due to the maintenance I prefer such as head cleanings and usually print something every couple of days. 

CISS vs Cartridge there is a major bonus with going to a CISS system instead if using just cartridges, Epson Ink cartridges are expensive. all the time usually $60 or more for a full set. When you get a CISS system you pay the initial price which is about what $120 and in the $120 you get the hardware for the CISS, and ink which would total about 3 to 4 refills of a cartridge. You also dont have to keep taking cartridges in and out plus you can tell when your running out of ink so you can replace it right away. One thing I have learned before printing is tell the printer I want to do a cartridge replacement, and press the reset switch on the ciss cartridges that way I dont mess up a print..

I just ordered a few from proworld and i am pleased with them. I just press them and hang them up in my store. 

I just ordered a few from proworld and i am pleased with them. I just press them and hang them up in my store. 

What did you order from there?

I have ordered transfers from them pretty much cars, bikers, animal and humor it's a touchy market you have to find the niche that works around where you live.

I order anything pertaining to hunting, fishing, or anything with a rebel flag. I'm from the south we think this flag is a part of our history.

I order anything pertaining to hunting, fishing, or anything with a rebel flag. I'm from the south we think this flag is a part of our history.

What someone is telling you it isn't? Lol