dbtoutfit

VinylMaster Cut (Contour Cut/Import Issue)

Anyone had this problem yet?

I have spent all yesterday working on this issue. I have no idea why it is doing this.

In each file, one graphic is 100% Raster with a inside bleed vector cut line.
post-2038-0-67061600-1457814430_thumb.jp

I had no issue with the VW Van (below), I was able to use my cut line, print and cut. Everything came out as expected.

But everything else I have tried has imported in Grey Scale or Black and White.

I prefer to have control over the cut line cause the VMC autotrace doesn't hold as tight of a tolerance in corners etc.

Also messed with saving as SVG, EPS and PDF. They all have their set of issues. PDF has same issue as AI file.
I played with every setting in AI for 9hrs now.  I'm stumped, I give.

Eric

This one comes in perfect. 
post-2038-0-40743600-1457814429_thumb.jp

This one Has everything blacked out? (Left image is 100% vector) Right one is mixed. The one I need.
post-2038-0-15874400-1457814430_thumb.jp

Looks like the curves are not combined i.e. all drawn as solid shapes.

Import it as editable and work in Wireframe, select all the curves and hit Combine from the Curve (menu). 

This video shows how to combine:

This is explained in the manual.

To access the manual and with the software running and a page or document open, click the Help menu and then select Help Topics. In the Window that comes up you will see a column of help books on the left side which are the same as chapters in a book.

You will also see a Keywords tab that displays a list of topics that include any keywords you type in.

Enter: Combine, select Editing Artwork and scroll down to Break Apart and Combine. 

If you experience a technical issue please lodge a ticket at:

http://future.support

Here is what fixed the issue....

I messed with all these options but never this combination.
Started adjusting the rasterize settings and found what the problem was...
No matter what, Transparency can not be checked. Must be on "White"
No Matter what. Anti-aliasing Must be set to Type Optimized (Hinted)

Screen shot of the settings that provided the correct output.
I make my cut lines but you could use the Create Clipping Mask and give it an offset to create your contour cut lines.
its worthless to me cause it doesn't allow you to enter a negative value to set the Clipping mask inward.

post-2038-0-93965100-1457827413_thumb.jp

I can get some to work, however the issue lies somewhere with the color settings.  I have another graphic, when i import it into VMC, its in grey scales and looks to be inverted.   I was able on the one i am having problems with right now, to save as EPS. I saved in EPS and unchecked CMYK Post in RGB. It imported fine into VMC with the colors a little different shade.

This leads me to think some of my graphics have a mix of CMYK and RGB and this is causing the issue.

Can you confirm if this is an issue?

Eric

or-screen-shot-2014-01-07-at-1-03-02-pm-

Looks like the curves are not combined i.e. all drawn as solid shapes.

Import it as editable and work in Wireframe, select all the curves and hit Combine from the Curve (menu). 

This video shows how to combine:

This is explained in the manual.

To access the manual and with the software running and a page or document open, click the Help menu and then select Help Topics. In the Window that comes up you will see a column of help books on the left side which are the same as chapters in a book.

You will also see a Keywords tab that displays a list of topics that include any keywords you type in.

Enter: Combine, select Editing Artwork and scroll down to Break Apart and Combine. 

If you experience a technical issue please lodge a ticket at:

http://future.support

In the next update there will also be a fix for this class of import file.

In the next update there will also be a fix for this class of import file.

No suggestion?

Not to be a jerk, But this isn't something I'm making to hand to my BFF. I have customers. I cant set idle until just when ever.

What do I need to do from my end to resolve this issue? What Can I change in AI to get consistent results?

Eric

The issue has been resolved and will be in the next update. I believe a technician has assisted with this.

You would be correct, I got basically the same answer "it will be in the next update". So if this is assistance then I stand corrected.

The support leaves much to be desired that's for sure...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.