Sign in to follow this  
Icutvinyldecals

New roll of paper app tape is wavy

I just bought my first cutter with a few rolls of vinyl, a small roll of Rtape and a 24 inch roll of greenstar paper application tape. When I got the tape, I noticed it looked wavy. There are wrinkles throughout the roll. Almost like it was water damaged or old. Ive used tons of normal masking tape that was perfectly smooth, and it works great. The tape that has looked like this has given me problems. The view from the end shows small tunnels/gaps between layers. From what I have read sofar, your application tape needs to be completely smooth, or you will end up with bubbles under the vinyl.

Is this normal for 24 inch rolls? Is this an old roll that I should return? Thanks.

post-97779-0-46006800-1457748150_thumb.j

post-97779-0-14719900-1457748161_thumb.j

• Like 1

Good Luck - US cutter has not answered my last 3 E-mails to Customer Service, so $400 sale lost to> Heat Press Nation.

I have read that they aren't the best at responding to emails. I had called about a shipping question before purchasing. There was about a 10-15 min wait, but the guy I spoke with was knowledgeable. I had emailed the same question a few days earlier through the live chat service with no success. I emailed about the tape after work friday, so they have only had 1/2 a buisness day sofar to respond. Their return policy asks you to call with issues, so I just called. Just about the same wait time, so nothing too suprising. I spoke with Jesica, she was friendly and helpful. I've emailed my pictures to her, and it appears they will be handling this situation. So far, I think their customer service is pretty good.

• Like 3

First thing this morning I received an email letting me know a replacement was on the way.  Shipping confirmation email right after. I'm completely satisfied with uscutter, the SC that I haven't stopped using all weekend, and their customer service department.