Primal Decals

pdf help to Ai vector

How do i bring an image in from a pdf to create a vector image in ai cs6. the image is on a certain page number with mutliple dog breeds.I need a breed off one of the pages....For some reason i think i might have accidentally deleted the vector file of my pdf..Thanks in advance

You should be able to just open it up with AI. go to your file and use Open With > Adobe Illustrator . The other option is to open AI and then use the File>Open and it will open it up usually. 

• Like 1

pdf's have the ability to carry vector designs. Not all pdf's are vectors but they CAN be. 

You should be able to just open it up with AI. go to your file and use Open With > Adobe Illustrator . The other option is to open AI and then use the File>Open and it will open it up usually. 

I can open it up in Ai but i cant figure out to transform it to vector, when i try it my way the image gets screwed up.. Ill send you the file to look at it. I dont want you to do it ,maybe explain for me to learn.. thanks .. Is on page 8 or 9 its german shepard

• Like 1

If it already has the vector then you just have to look in the file stack and maybe remove a clipping path or something like that. If no vector is there at all then you are just doing a trace similar to a regular pic. 

i opened up the file info on the pdf and it was originally created in Corel draw ,so i tried that program as well , but i havent used it enough to understand it like i do ai. maybe ill just try to find a good image.Its for my buddy that raises german shepards and its his bday... No money made from this one... otherwise he will just get soimething else from me lol..would still like to figure it out sometime. thanks for the time..

Sometimes in Corel you have to un-group the page to get the vectors.

Are you SURE it is vector?

Sue2

Do you mind sharing the original PDF? Id be glad to take a look and see if I can offer some help.

• Like 1

Same here. I have coreldraw if I can get it to work right i can save it to ai file and send it to you. Or if you want I'll look through my dog files and see if I have a good german shepherd.

Looks like the exact same catalog file available here - so you can look at it and decide if you want to buy the vector art

http://www.digital-clipart.com/all_dog_breeds_dc.htm

Ya it is. They had a 1 time free doownload a few months back and so i grabbed it.Thats how i got the whole thing, i have the B/w,Silhouettes file and the color as one. just no vector. its not a steal from them . i got it legit. thats why i posted it..

Ya it is. They had a 1 time free doownload a few months back and so i grabbed it.Thats how i got the whole thing, i have the B/w,Silhouettes file and the color as one. just no vector. its not a steal from them . i got it legit. thats why i posted it..

being just the catalog raster files it isn't any good for cutters anyways without the vector part

• Like 1

Is this the one you need? Maybe it's not to bad out of whack.....

Yes Thank you Than you.. so what process did you do to get it ?i tried trace in Ai, with no luck. and couldnt figure out how to separate it from the rest. Pdf files are a new one for me.

I traced it in inkscape. You can copy and paste one picture at a time from pdf. then did a little work in corel and saved it to a ai file. Not very hard at all.

Glad I could help!!!!!

• Like 1